cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

pandora plus

Local Performer

I have been paying for this subscription so that I do not hear ads however they continue to appear. Can you please help with this???

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: pandora plus

Hi @Doctora, thanks for posting to community. I moved your message over to an existing thread about this: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I recommend checking out @AdamPandora accepted solution here for more info on why you may still be receiving ads. 

If this isn't doesn't fit your issue, feel free to let us know. Thanks for being part of community! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Local Performer

Hey pandora!

it states if you pay the $4.99 for plus you won’t get ads. I don’t want the premium nor do i need it. But i do expect pandora to honor their subscription for no ads with a pandora plus

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Sorry for any confusion @Doctora

Pandora Plus subscribers may receive messages prompting them to check out Pandora Premium. While we understand that this can be disruptive, we hope you agree that they’re necessary to let people know about all of the great features our subscriptions offer.

You can view the subscription terms you agreed to when you signed up for your Pandora subscription here

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Watching video ads with a paid subscription

Local Performer

My experience with pandora yesterday was embarassement in front of friends I was hosting.  After many years of subscribing, I just needed one thing from you, to keep playing the music I chose.  But, every 20 minutes or so, pandora stopped doing that, and switched to a station that was distateful to my visitors.

Every time, I stopped hosting my visitors, only to play with a very confusing pandora in bright sunshine, all 20 of us listened to an add, then it would go back to the music I chose.  

It was frustrating, embarrassing and made me angry.  "Why do I give them money?," I kept thinking.  You really failed me yesterday, pandora.  And the way you rationalize your poor service does you no credit.  Stop extorting me, and stop waiting until I really need you to come through to give me poor service so I have to pay more on the spot, (which you did not make easy, by the way, I kept ending up at the same place).

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Watching video ads with a paid subscription

@RedLongIsland I apologize for any confusion around your experience with Pandora Plus.

To clarify, the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium.

However, we do give you the option of initiating short sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad even if you are only upgraded to Pandora Plus.

So rather than not having the option to stream content on demand at all with your Pandora Plus subscription, we provide you with a way to stream whatever content you want simply by watching an ad. 

Enabling these sessions are also free, and don't require you to make any payments.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps. 😄

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Premium function?

Local Performer

With a premium subscription,  album still requires listening to ads and only plays 3 songs then goes back to stations

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Premium function?

@Jsguero Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

To clarify, it looks like you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

In order to stream a full album on demand (without having to watch an ad first), you will first need to upgrade to Pandora Premium.

For a full explanation on this, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I just paid 4.99 and my upgrade not working

Local Performer

I would like to know why it not working 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: I just paid 4.99 and my upgrade not working

Hi @Wjh18882004 - thanks for posting to community. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread that I believe is related to your post.

Since you're upgraded to Pandora Plus and not Premium, it looks like you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

For a full explanation I would check out @AdamPandora accepted solution here

Hope this helps to explain. 

++

If you're experiencing a different issue, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ads with Pandora Plus

Local Performer

I just upgraded to Pandora Plus, because it said I would be able to “search and play anything”. Any time I search for a specific song it prompts me to “watch an ad to listen in pandora premium”...I could already get temporary sessions of pandora premium by watching ads BEFORE I upgraded, so what exactly did I pay for? It was advertised that I would be able to search specific songs and play them, and I can’t. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Ads with Pandora Plus

@ciarracraft We apologize for any confusion around this.

Hearing ads with your Pandora Plus subscription:

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

For more information on why you are still hearing ads with your Pandora Plus subscription, you can check out the accepted solution to this thread.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Benefits of a Pandora Plus subscription:

• Ad-free personalized stations
  • Create radio stations and enjoy podcasts
  • Higher quality audio
  • Skip all you want
  • Replay songs
  • Listen offline with your Android or iOS phone

For more information about Pandora Plus, please visit this link here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Advertised the option to search and play anything”:

Can you please verify with me where the option to "search and play anything” was advertised to you?

Was it sent in an email? If so, can you please send me a screenshot of what you were sent?

Through our upgrade page, it does mention you can search and play what you want by watching an ad first:

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 7.19.45 AM.png

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos