cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Getting ads after paying for subscription with Apple

Local Performer

I signed up many months ago for Pandora Plus to avoid ads and now I'm getting ads again and am told I have to upgrade again to Pandora Premium and pay even more? As a life-long marketer, I can't help but see this as a terrible customer experience where profit is valued over subscriber experience. Put your subscribers first and the profit would follow, but I'm cancelling due to this and sure others will too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Getting ads after paying for subscription with Apple

Hi @aking141414! Thanks for posting to community and sorry for any confusion.

I checked your account and I see that you're upgraded to Pandora Plus, and it looks like you triggered a complimentary session of Pandora Premium which explains why you're seeing ads. 

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

Hope this helps to explain. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Subscription

Local Performer

I have the same problem, why I’m getting adds if I’m paying for listen music only, and all the time I choose a diferente singer I have to watch a video if i don’t watch the video the album don’t play I’m paying for no adds at all

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Subscription

@rbermudez1991 I moved your post to this thread since it lines up more with the issue you are reporting.

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 😁

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted

My plus account is still showing ads.

Local Performer

I'm not sure why but both on my mobile and web my account is still showing ads I can't play an entire album. Also Pandora app on my Catalina Mac is not working it's just showing a blank box. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: My plus account is still showing ads.

Hi @herosuke! Thanks for posting to community.

I moved your message over to an existing thread on this: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Please check out @AdamPandora accepted solution here for more info on why you may be hearing ads on your Plus subscription. 

For your Mac, can you let me know if you're using our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using? Can you do me a favor take a screenshot or picture of what you're seeing to share?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

why still ads?

Local Performer

Why do I still hear ads after I paid you not to listen to them?

Why are you ignoring all my requests?

Please correct this or send me full refund

mod edit: format

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: why still ads?

Hi @Reynolds1300,

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I do see that you upgraded to a paid Pandora Plus subscription under the email address associated with your community profile but I don't see any stations added to the account yet. 

I've gone ahead and escalated this to our User Support team to further assist you. 

Please be on the look out for their email.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Help Subscription not working

Local Performer

I upgraded my subscription and I’m getting the benefits still getting ads

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Help Subscription not working

Hi @Frank2! Thanks for posting to community! I moved your message to an existing thread on this: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I have confirmed that you are indeed upgraded to Pandora Plus. It sounds like you're activating a Premium Access session by listening to on-demand content.

For a full explanation, please take a look at @AdamPandora accepted solution here.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Seeing ads after upgrading

Local Performer

I am still seeing ads after I upgraded. I’ve received a confirmation that I upgraded and am being charged so why am I still getting ads?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Seeing ads after upgrading

Hi @BWL, thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I checked the Pandora account associated with your community profile and can confirm that you are upgraded to Pandora Plus. 

Can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know. 

0 Kudos