cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Still hearing commercials with a paid subscription

Local Performer

I just paid my subscription today still getting ads. Please help antoniobee921@yahoo.com, thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Still hearing commercials with a paid subscription

@bigreddee14 I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting a similar issue: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ads

Local Performer

Why do I still get ads even with a premium subscription?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Ads

@Sobe56 I moved your post over to this thread as it looks like you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Those advertisements are getting triggered when you attempt to stream any content on demand.

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Local Performer

So what am I getting for the $4.99/month if I still have to deal with the ads?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@cstarr3 Pandora Plus is our first ad-free subscription service.

As a Pandora Plus subscriber, you also get the ability to replay tracks, listen to 4 radio stations offline, and you benefit from higher quality audio and a longer timeout period. 

If you were looking to stream content on demand (such as specific tracks or albums), you will need to upgrade to Pandora Premium.

Otherwise, you can continue to unlock these free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad while still on your Pandora Plus subscription.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

I am doing a search for a genre, does that trigger the ads for Premium?  Is there another way to go to a genre?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@B-4-Good If you are attempting to stream a genre playlist, then you will be prompted to watch an ad first to initiate a free session of Pandora Premium.

However, you should be able to start a regular genre station without having to watch an ad.

So that I can confirm on my end what is happening, can you please send me two screenshots of:

• the genre station/playlist you attempt to play
  • the prompt to watch an ad that pops up when you attempt to play that content

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Pandora plus

Local Performer

I signed up for pandora plus back in July and I am still getting ads. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Pandora plus

Hi @amvandertie! Thanks for posting to community.

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I checked the Pandora account associated with your community profile and see that it is not currently upgraded to a paid subscription and has not been upgraded in the past. 

Sounds like you may have another Pandora account under a different email address. I've escalated this to our User Support team to further help. 

Please be on the look out for their email. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Advertisement on Pandora Plus -time to cancel

Local Performer

What a disappointment!  Paid for Pandora for years and now even when paying, I am getting ads.  Screw that, canceling today

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Advertisement on Pandora Plus -time to cancel

@rmj007 I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting a similar issue: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

It looks like that advertisement you saw was triggered when you attempted to stream on demand content.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos