cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

QueenRella
Local Performer

Why did I sign up with Pandora Plus if it acts the same way the regular Pandora does?! Every time I open Pandora it’s like I’m not subscribed to anything!!!! 

Labels (1)
68 Replies

AdamPandora

@Scootie2757 I do see your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Google Play.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

Are you now unable to sign into this account?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Scootie2757
Local Performer
I can login but when I'd start the app it would still put through ads and
now it has told me my subscription has expired. What is that about?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Scootie2757 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

It looks like these advertisements are getting triggered when you attempt to stream on demand content.

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

taathey
Local Performer

why am I still having to watch ads?

I have the free trail, I also keep getting message someone is listening to my account?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@taathey I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Still getting ads:

To clarify, I can see your account is upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

It looks like these advertisements are getting triggered when you attempt to stream on demand content.

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Someone else is listening message:

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

If you believe this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user accessing your account, and would like help with disassociating or removing any devices that are logged into your account, let me know and I will be happy to further assist with that.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

taathey
Local Performer

Yes, I have only one device that should be associated with my account

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@taathey I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

You will now need to change your password to something new as well.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

KatrinaT
Local Performer

When I open the app and go to My Collections the playlists I created are not displayed. I have to play a station which triggers an ad to play, then I have access to the playlists. I don’t even care about the ad I just hate that I can’t access my playlists until I jump through hoops. Please tell me this isn’t expected behavior and you can help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@KatrinaT I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I'm showing your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

The ability to create customized playlists is only an option with Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos