cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student discount accepted but charged full amount

sjnolan87
Local Performer

Hello, 

Last year I signed up for the student account because I am a college student. Then I was asked to resubmit my student verification information which I did. After submitting a picture of my ID my account I received the email that my academic status if confirmed. However, I was charged for the full amount of premium account and my account does not reflect student status. Has this happened to anyone else?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sjnolan87 I am going to have our User Support team reach out to you privately via email to look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience! 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sjnolan87 I am going to have our User Support team reach out to you privately via email to look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience! 🤝

0 Kudos

sjnolan87
Local Performer

Good morning Adam, 

Thanks for responding, however, I have not not received an email from the user support team to resolve the concern. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sjnolan87 Due to a high influx of contacts our support team has not had a chance to get to the ticket I created for you yet.

That being said, they have confirmed that they do see it pending in their queue, and will be reaching out to you soon. 

Thanks for all your patience! 

0 Kudos

Crthomps
Local Performer

@AdamPandora forgot to tag you on the last post I made.  Thanks.

“Adam, I had the exact same scenario happen to me today.  I reverified my student status, it was accepted, but today I got an email saying I am being charged for a regular subscription and not a student.  Can you please look into as well?”

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crthomps I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

Kcourtnay
Local Performer

I verified my student status and you guys still charged me the full price. I even have the confirmation email to prove it. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kcourtnay I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

Flaire
Local Performer

Hi, I just confirmed my student status earlier today. I got an email almost immediately telling me that it was confirmed, and that I hadn't paid Pandora yet. I thought all was well, until I was charged 10 dollars. (I got my first email at 1:44PM, I got charged at 9:34PM). 

Hoping this can be fixed quickly, Thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Flaire I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Hvenezia44
Local Performer

This just happened to me too! Support please help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hvenezia44 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

Ravenlv
Local Performer

I verified my student account and was charge for the full account. I was not notified in any way. Please assist.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ravenlv I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

0 Kudos

adadewit
Local Performer

I renewed my student status when I received the email to do so. But I was charged for the regular premium subscription. Who do I contact to discuss this issue? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@adadewit I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

0 Kudos

keanuew
Local Performer

I received an email from verify@sheerid.com on February 5 saying that my student verification was approved and that I had my student discount for another year. Since February, I have been charged 9.99 instead of the student price. I opened a case and attached a screenshot of the confirmation I received but did not receive an email confirmation that my case was submitted successfully despite the site telling me I'd receive one. I went to chat first and spoke to a person named Ulises who, without my permission, downgraded my account from the premium to the free, which I feel made the situation worse. I did not ask for this to happen. I simply wanted my account to be corrected and to be refunded the overcharges from February to April. Honestly, I don’t want a refund, I simply want the excess funds to be applied to future months. As I told Ulises, it’d be very different if I did not have the hard evidence that I was approved for the student discount, but I do. Right after he downgraded my account he tells me that he sees that I was approved for the student account. Then after I asked him if you see I was approved why can’t the situation be resolved and why did he take it upon himself to downgrade my account? I did not ask for you to do that. He says unfortunately I can’t provide more information on why your verification was rejected and that he needs more time then hangs up the chat without resolving the issue at hand, but not even 3 minutes earlier he said he saw my verification was approved. I am beyond upset. Is there anyone that can help me with this at all? I just don’t understand why I would receive an email that clearly states that I was approved and then still get charged the full price for the premium account that I have been on for the last year+ and have used Pandora's services for years. It makes zero sense to me. I have added the photo evidence to my case and it is clear as day that it says I was approved on February 5th. Please make it make sense. 

Inkedstudent verification.jpgstudent verification 2.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@keanuew I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

keanuew
Local Performer
Thank you Adam. One of the representatives did resolve the issue some time
after I made this post. I am marking this as resolved.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @keanuew.

Enjoy the music! 😎

0 Kudos