cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

l29jm3
Local Performer

I just canceled my pandora subcription which I had through itunes.  I want to resubscribe to the pandora family plan through Pandora but it says my subscription doesn't expire until 12/2.  Is there a way to force this subscription to end now, so I don't have to wait?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@l29jm3 Unfortunately, there isn't a way to force end your current subscription through Apple on our end. 

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to wait for your current subscription through Apple to expire.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

View solution in original post

97 Replies

SS
Local Performer

my apple settings say "select an option to resubscribe" but I can't seem to get signed up for Premium Family on Pandora. I haven't gotten any reminders from Pandora yet. Is there a certain time of day after expiration that I'll be notified?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @SS It looks like your Premium subscription is still active. You may still have time left on your subscription through Apple based on when you cancelled and when your renewal date is.

I believe you can view the expriation date from the subscription tag on your iOS device under your Apple ID.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, that's how you'll know your subscriptoin through Apple has ended. 

Once that happensyou can sign up for Pandora Premium Family here from a computer, not a mobile device.

Hope this helped to explain. 🎧Thanks for posting to community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@l29jm3 Unfortunately, there isn't a way to force end your current subscription through Apple on our end. 

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to wait for your current subscription through Apple to expire.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

nimoric
Local Performer

Hi all! I just had to re-subscribe to Pandora Premium after my credit card was compromised and I needed to change payment options (Which Pandora does not have this option?) So I'm back to listening in our car rides but my girlfriend has been getting commercials in between songs? I don't but when she signs in to our Pandora she receives the commercials. We are the only 2 users under my account and neither of us should be hearing any of Pandora's annoying commercials--and I have Premium service. And of course...there doesn't seem to be anyone to speak to or email at Pandora Support to see why this is still happening.after the last few days. Im not sure if I want to keep paying $12.99 a month and not have the matter rectified and no commercials--nor get a chance to email or reach anyone. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cordially,

John

mod edit: personal information, format and title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @nimoric thanks for posting to community. 

I checked on your account and it looks like you were previously upgraded to Premium Family, but now  upgraded to an indiviudal plan of Premium through Apple. 

It seems when you update your payment info and resubscribed you did this through Apple instead Pandora directly. Joining or upgrading to a Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple or Google Play).

If you'd like to return to your previous Premium Family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Apple and then subscribe to Premium Family through Pandora. 

For steps on how to cancel your Apple subscription, please click here. 

If you'd like to receive a refund, you can request one from Apple with the following steps here. 

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can upgrade to Premium Family from our web page here. Be sure to do this from a computer, not a mobile device. 

Don't forget, when you upgrade to Premium Family, you'll need to send an invite again to your girlfriend so she can be part of the plan. 

To invite someone to your family plan:

1. Make sure you're logged in with your master account (the one you used to upgrade to Premium Family);
  2. Visit the Subscription section of the account.
  3. Select Manage Family to view the main family plan management page;
  4. Send a family plan invite to an email address your family member can access, even if it's different from the email address on their Pandora account. (They'll be able to enter the login information for their Pandora account later, even if its under a different email.)
  5. Have them open the invite email, and follow the prompts to add their Pandora account to your family plan.

If you continue to have trouble, you can reach the Pandora support team from our help page here

I hope this help to explain. Thanks again for being part of community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rrada1810
Local Performer

...it says I have an active Pandora Plus  subscription through iTunes (which I cancelled two days ago). Even on the Pandora Radio site it states that my suscription was ended on 12/18/19. But when trying to upgrade it,  it says I must first cancel the subscription in iTunes first. I have contacted the Apple Support Team, and they verified the subscription is cancelled on their side. So, what do I have to do to upgrade?

Image 12-19-19 at 8.43 AM.jpeg

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rrada1810 Our support team has taken a look at your account and mentioned that you were able to successfully upgrade to the family plan shortly after contacting us via the community.

Is there anything else you needed assistance with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

guygraham
Local Performer

What was the answer? I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@guygraham Now that your subscription through Apple has expired, you can upgrade to Pandora Premium Family by visiting this link from a browser. 

Hope this helps. Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

guygraham
Local Performer

That worked, thank you. I am having a related issue, however. I am trying to add a family member. This person had a subscription, and I cancelled it. iTunes said it expired yesterday. But again, when I try to add them, I get a message on their account that they are still a subscriber, as you can see in the screen shots. It is also odd that there are blank spaces in your error message. To be quite frank, upgrading my subscription and adding just two family members has been quite an onerous process, with me having to log in and log out on the different devices multiple times to invite, to accept, etc., and account subscription problems like this. There surely is a better way. I had actually planned on dropping the subscription entirely and using Apple Music exclusively but I had pushback from my family members.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 5.42.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-03 at 5.42.33 PM.png

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @guygraham I've asked our User Support team to reach out to you about this. They will be contacting you via the email associated with your Pandora account. Please be on the look out for this email. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

amyluke
Local Performer

Ok. I had a subscription through Apple with the premium plan. I wanted the family plan so I followed the directions on how to cancel my plan through Apple. I still cannot subscribe through Pandora as is continues to say I am signed up through Apple. How long does it usually take to reset? It’s been a week.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @amyluke Welcome to community! Your subscription through Apple will remain active until the billing cycle ends. It looks like your subscription through Apple will end around 1/10/2019. 

Once the subcrption ends, you'll be able to join Premium Family, please visit our upgrade page from a computer (not a mobile device). Please note you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the master account holder.

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DotM13
Local Performer
If I re-subscribe/upgrade to Premium Family through the Pandora website, will I loose my station preferences as part of this process? I have learned I cannot upgrade to the Family package through my Apple iPhone settings.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DotM13 That is correct - you won't be able to upgrade to the family plan while your subscription through Apple is still active.

If you need steps on how to cancel your subscription through Apple, check out @TannerPandora 's post here

When you initially downgrade from Pandora Premium to ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you resubscribe with the family plan.

You can resubscribe when the time comes using the following link.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

Jtlmama143
Local Performer

If I switch from pandora premium to family plan will I lose all my saved music??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jtlmama143 I moved your post to this thread since your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Premium through Apple.

In order to switch to the family plan, you will first need to cancel your current subscription through Apple, and wait til it expires. When you start hearing ads again after the subscription through Apple completely ends, you can then upgrade to the family plan.

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

If you need steps on how to cancel your subscription through Apple, check out @TannerPandora 's post here

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

MusicFan00812
Underground

Would someone please tell me why I’m not able to upgrade to a family subscription any time I want? Been paying for plus for years, my kids constantly want to listen at home so they kick me off pandora while I’m working. All I want is to upgrade so we can both listen, but I cant. I seriously have to cancel my account (through itunes) and wait a month for my subscription to expire (the whole time - both me and my kids can’t listen) and then resubscribe just to get what any other music service would let me do instantly? Why should I stay with pandora? To top it off, I can’t contact anyone because pandora doesn’t give a flip about me. I’m forced to look at irrelevant faqs or contact “the community” because pandora is to cheap or lazy to help someone who is asking to pay them more money. Yes, I’m mad. This is quite possibly the stupidest, most unnecessary customer service problem I have ever dealt with.

Moderator Edit: Format

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan00812 I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

I definitely understand your frustration with this and will make sure your feedback gets passed along to our product team.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to force end your current subscription through Apple on our end as our support team doesn't have access to the Apple billing system.

You are correct in that you will first need to cancel your current subscription through Apple, wait for it to expire, and then when you start hearing ads again on your account you can then resubscribe to the family plan.

We apologize for any inconvenience around this. 

0 Kudos