cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Apple to direct-billed subscription

genghisjr
Local Performer

My subscription ends today and I want to change my renewal payment from Itunes to paypal..

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@genghisjr I created a separate thread for your post since you had a separate question.

Since your subscription is being processed through your Apple ID, you will need to cancel that subscription through Apple and then wait for your subscription to expire. Once you start seeing ads again on your stations, you will then be able to upgrade your account from Pandora directly from the web using your credit card or PayPal account.

Please use the following steps to cancel your Pandora subscription through Apple on your computer:

1. Open the App Store app.
  2. Click your Apple ID at the bottom of the sidebar. (If you're not already signed in to your Apple ID, you'll be prompted to log in now).
  3. Click View Information. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. On the Account Information page, scroll to the Manage section. Then clic Manage (next to Subscriptions.) 
  5. Click Edit next to Pandora.
  6. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If it says "Select an option to resubscribe," you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)

If you have any trouble with these steps, please refer to this article or contact the Apple support team and they should be able to help you. You can get in touch with them here.

Once you've done this, wait until your subscription expires and you start hearing ads again on your account.

You can then upgrade your account using either PayPal or a credit card from a computer (not a mobile device) here.

Let me know if you have any other questions. We really appreciate your support!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AdamPandora

@genghisjr I created a separate thread for your post since you had a separate question.

Since your subscription is being processed through your Apple ID, you will need to cancel that subscription through Apple and then wait for your subscription to expire. Once you start seeing ads again on your stations, you will then be able to upgrade your account from Pandora directly from the web using your credit card or PayPal account.

Please use the following steps to cancel your Pandora subscription through Apple on your computer:

1. Open the App Store app.
  2. Click your Apple ID at the bottom of the sidebar. (If you're not already signed in to your Apple ID, you'll be prompted to log in now).
  3. Click View Information. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. On the Account Information page, scroll to the Manage section. Then clic Manage (next to Subscriptions.) 
  5. Click Edit next to Pandora.
  6. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If it says "Select an option to resubscribe," you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)

If you have any trouble with these steps, please refer to this article or contact the Apple support team and they should be able to help you. You can get in touch with them here.

Once you've done this, wait until your subscription expires and you start hearing ads again on your account.

You can then upgrade your account using either PayPal or a credit card from a computer (not a mobile device) here.

Let me know if you have any other questions. We really appreciate your support!

View solution in original post

E_Maddox
Local Performer

Can  you confirm I won't lose my stations if I cancel the subscription to switch to direct through Pandora, and that I'll still be able to access it on my phone as normal?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@E_Maddox Canceling your subscription through Apple, and resubscribing directly through Pandora will not result in the loss of any of your stations or thumb feedback.

You'll also still be able to access your account on all of your devices (including your phone) as normal.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

mcdorkus
Local Performer

My credit card expired and pandora shut me off pretty much without warning.  Ok, fine, whatever.  I made the HUGE mistake of thinking I could just reactivate my subscription via my phone.  Well I got the wrong plan (apparently I was on premium before and not plus, like I would have any idea) and I want to change plans and I don't want to manage any subscriptions through Apple because it's too messy to deal with over there.  Even though I've unsubscribed on Apple Pandora still thinks I have an active plan on Apple because it's good through August 5.  So I'm stuck with a plan where I can't listen to playlists when I'm not connected (e.g. in the mountains) for another month and I don't want to upgrade on Apple for the reason I just mentioned above.  Can you guys help me clean this mess up?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@mcdorkus I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos