cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile ad-free weekends: Dual SIM dual active not accepted

solodogg
Local Performer

There’s currently a flaw in the Pandora app that doesn’t allow active T-Mobile customers to redeem the ad-free weekends promo if they are using eSIM on TMo with a physical SIM on another carrier. 

ex: My primary line is T-Mobile, but it’s on eSIM because my secondary work line is Spectrum Mobile. With this setup, I get the error “This offer is only available to T-Mobile subscribers”. Even after removing the Spectrum SIM from the phone, the same error exists.

To resolve this issue, I can insert an inactive T-Mobile physical SIM in the phone along with my eSIM, and the offer activates with no issues. As soon as I place ANY other non T-Mobile physical SIM in the phone whether active or inactive, the offer no longer works. 

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@solodogg This offer is only available to T-Mobile, Sprint, and Metro customers.

Other carriers are not eligible for the offer at this time, which is why your Spectrum SIM is not being accepted.

If you'd like to take advantage of this offer, you'll need to make sure you are using a valid T-Mobile SIM.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

solodogg
Local Performer

Adam, if you will re-read my initial comment, you will see that I AM a T-Mobile customer. My iPhone is using dual SIM capabilities, with T-Mobile being primary on eSIM and Spectrum secondary on physical SIM. 

This is a flaw in the algorithm for validating service. When I can login to the T-Mobile Tuesday’s app using their network with my mobile number, but your app fails checks because it’s not a physical SIM card, that’s a problem. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@solodogg Can you please confirm with me what type of Dual SIM card you are using?

From my understanding, there are three types:

1. Dual SIM Passive: can use two cards but only one active at any time
  2. Dual SIM Dual Standby: hybrid, both active only if you’re not using them, over once you take a call on one sim the other becomes inactive until the first card is no longer being used.
  3. Dual SIM Dual Active: allows call for both, both sims permanently active

Let me know.

0 Kudos

solodogg
Local Performer

Dual SIM dual active, the only type supported in the iPhone 12.

Both SIMs are active at all times, but only the physical SIM is being registered in the Pandora app for authentication purposes. As I stated previously, I can insert a dead T-Mobile SIM in the physical slot and the promo will activate with no issues. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback, @solodogg.

I have passed that information along to the team in charge of this promotion.

This being said, our support team did mention that you have already been in contact with them regarding this promotion.

If you have any additional feedback, you can reply back directly to the last email they sent you.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

0 Kudos

solodogg
Local Performer

The last email they sent basically said they had no way to fix it. I guess that’s acceptable?  There’s a flaw in the software and the promotion doesn’t apply because of it, and the solution is “I’m sorry, we can’t fix that”????

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@solodogg I'm going to have them reach out to you once more as it sounds like you may have missed their last email.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

solodogg
Local Performer

I didn’t miss the email, it only addressed 3 months worth of service. I am still ineligible for the promo as listed due to a flaw in the software, and I am sure many others are experiencing this as well. The validation method on the app needs to be fixed. 

0 Kudos

Bomdy
Local Performer

D3C59EB7-E18A-4F98-9DC7-BE5552B2B6C9.jpeg

5E288288-A5EB-45CA-BF37-DA37C2C3B26E.pngI use E-sim for T-Mobile, could this be the reason why I’m not getting the Promotion.  And can you please correct this on your end? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bomdy I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Edgaff
Local Performer

I am also getting the same error message 

9427C667-B557-4BAA-9508-0DA4A05276AC.png

 How can this be fixed?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Edgaff I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

solodogg
Local Performer

It can’t be fixed until the app is updated on their end.  All this time later and Pandora still hasn’t fixed the API’s the app uses to identify which carrier you’re using. Opening tickets does nothing when the information isn’t sent back to the dev team to correct the issue. 

0 Kudos