cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to accept family plan invites

Tinkbarber08
Local Performer

I waited till my subscription through T-mobil tuesday ended and I went onto the computer to upgrade to the family and I tried to send the invietes to email and I did accept them through email but my pandora acccount still stated Pending on the invite and wondering what I am doing wrong. Please help me on how to get my family there account on pandora through family 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@Tinkbarber08 I have moved your message and created a new post in order to keep the community organized.

I recommend checking to see if the individuals invited to your Pandora Premium Family plan have their own Pandora accounts. Please keep in mind, Each of your Premium Family members will get full access to Pandora Premium features, but they'll have their own account.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
64 Replies

AdamPandora

@Tinkbarber08 I have moved your message and created a new post in order to keep the community organized.

I recommend checking to see if the individuals invited to your Pandora Premium Family plan have their own Pandora accounts. Please keep in mind, Each of your Premium Family members will get full access to Pandora Premium features, but they'll have their own account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

aaronemerson42
Local Performer

My family members aren't receiving the invitations I am sending them. Please help.

0 Kudos

toglesby
Local Performer

Just upgraded to Family plan like many others, so that we could listen without the error message.  I assumed it would be a similar set up as Netflix. Where you each have the ability to select your "account" and create your own playlists without the risk of modify the other family members choices.  For example if my daughter thumbs down things it will change my entire playlist.  1st of all we can't figure out how they "accept invite" . When they do it prompts them to "log in" . If they long in using my information, it still pulls up my playlists.  It does allow us to listen simultaneously, even though it initially gives us the "error message" that someone else is listening.  If they try to create new account after hitting "accept invite", it says email used already has an account (they previously had a free subscription).  The last thing we tried was having them enter their email address (the ones I ised to invite them to the family plan), and I had them select "forgot password", it then allowed them to login, but it logged them into my pandora account.   After all of these attempts my page says "invite pending", like they haven't accepted it.  Help!!  Really just want to figure this out, and really hope that I just didn't pay all this extra money to just have them messing with my playlists and adding lists that I don't want to have to search throgh to find my own.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@toglesby I have confirmed with our support team that they will be contacting you via email at the email address your Pandora account is registered under.

Please keep an eye out for their message, and they will be happy to further assist you with this.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @aaronemerson42!

Have you tried the steps listed on this page to manage your Pandora Premium Family plan?

Also, have those individuals check their spam / junk folder to ensure that the invite didn't end up there accidentally.

Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

VandFam
Local Performer
This page didn't help me with the same issue. I have sent the family plan invite but it never showed up in my other email at all. I have tried re sending multiple times, verified the email and checked the junk folder to no avail
0 Kudos

aaronemerson42
Local Performer

Yeah I already did all of that.  The emails are not sending. I have personally checked all possible folders. Pandora needs to fix it or I'm going to switch to Spotify and get a full refund given the basic tenet of the Family Plan has not been available to us. How is it that there's no service department???

AlyssaPandora

@aaronemerson42 Our User Support team can always be contacted here or at pandora-support@pandora.com. In the meantime, I'll check in with our team and have someone reach out via email to assist you.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

A2PATTON
Local Performer

I have attempted go invite a few family members to my premium family plan and it says that the invite sent but I'm told that they're not getting them. I've even had them search all inbox folders for my email address 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @A2PATTON sorry for any trouble with this. 

I've reached out to our user support team to follow up with you on this. Please be on the look out for an email from them. 

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Carmy
Local Performer
My daughter shared my Pandora premium account. I recently added the family plan but can't log my daughter into the plan. I uninstalled app and went through the email invite but it still isn't working. Any ideas? mod edit: changing title for clarity
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Carmy Thanks for posting to community!

Looks like the Family Plan invites have been sent out, but they haven't been accepted yet. If you've already sent an invite to a family member and they haven't received it, make sure that:

1. You've sent the invite to an email address your family member can access (not necessarily the email address on their Pandora account);
  2. They check their spam folder, as the invite may have ended up there.

Once they've received your invite email, they'll simply select Accept Invite, and either log into their existing Pandora account or create a new account if they haven't signed up for Pandora before. 

Let me know if you're still having trouble. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Carmy
Local Performer

My daughter has created her own account but we are still getting the message that only one person can listen to Pandora when we are both on. I thought with premium we could all listen to our account? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Carmy If that error message is poppoing up, then that means the two of you are still signed into the same Pandora account on your separate devices.

Have your daughter sign out of the Pandora app/website on her device, and then sign back in using the email address her new Pandora account is registered under.

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

TheBretz
Local Performer

I have set up a family plan and attempted to invite another person. She is receiving the email, to an email address that is signed up for basic/free Pandora account. When she clicks on the "Accept Invitation" link in the email invite it doesn't give her the opportunity to convert to the family plan, or in any other way give her family plan access. It still shows in my settings that the invitation is pending. Please have someone from support contact me as there is apparently no other way to get technical support from Pandora.

0 Kudos

Haverfordwest
Opening Act

@TheBretz if you need help from support, I found this contact on their help page: https://help.pandora.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@TheBretz It looks like you already have a case open with our support team. They will be reaching back out to you on that same email thread so they can further assist you with this.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

Unclemy
Local Performer

Adam,

I have added 4 members of my family to the family plan.  None have received an "invite" email.  Could you check my account and help us get them on Pandora?  Thanks!  (member since Pandora began!)

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Unclemy Our support team will be contacting you separately via email to help ensure this gets resolved.

Keep an eye out for their message! 

0 Kudos