cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update billing info - No access to Apple account

Antherian
Local Performer

So my GF is trying to change her card information as her subscription is almost over, and her current card isn't up to date. However she managed her account through Itunes, and has since swapped to Android alone. When she attempts to update her information on Pandora, she is being redirected to Itunes, which she doesn't have access to now. 

How do you update the information through Pandora alone, without needing her Apple devices that are no longer around? 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Antherian thanks for posting to community. 

Sounds like the subscription was purchased through Apple and is billed through their billing department. Unfortunately, I can't manage this directly on my end as I don't have access to the Apple billing system. In order to cancel this subscription, you'll need to contact Apple directly and then wait for your subscription to expire. 

Once you start seeing ads again on your stations, you will then be able to upgrade your account either from your Android device through your Google Play account or directly through Pandora. 

You can contact the Apple support team by clicking here and they should be able to help you cancel your subscription.

Once you've done this, wait until your subscription expires and you start hearing ads again on your account. You can then upgrade your Pandora account from your Android device or directly through Pandora.

To upgrade on your Android through Google Play:

• Open the Pandora app and sign in (if necessary).
  • Go to the Profile tab. 
  • Tap the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  • Select Upgrade and you will be taken to the Google Play payment page.
  • Check the box stating that you agree to the Payments for Google Play Terms of Service.
  • Confirm the purchase by selecting Accept & Subscribe.

Note: If you have a PIN enabled for purchasing in Google Play, you'll need to enter that code after selecting Accept & Subscribe. You will then be billed monthly by Google Play for your Pandora subscription.

To update directly through Pandora:

Please visit the Pandora website directly by clicking here.

Select your subscription, and input your payment method: Credit Card or PayPal.

Hope this helps. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @Antherian thanks for posting to community. 

Sounds like the subscription was purchased through Apple and is billed through their billing department. Unfortunately, I can't manage this directly on my end as I don't have access to the Apple billing system. In order to cancel this subscription, you'll need to contact Apple directly and then wait for your subscription to expire. 

Once you start seeing ads again on your stations, you will then be able to upgrade your account either from your Android device through your Google Play account or directly through Pandora. 

You can contact the Apple support team by clicking here and they should be able to help you cancel your subscription.

Once you've done this, wait until your subscription expires and you start hearing ads again on your account. You can then upgrade your Pandora account from your Android device or directly through Pandora.

To upgrade on your Android through Google Play:

• Open the Pandora app and sign in (if necessary).
  • Go to the Profile tab. 
  • Tap the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  • Select Upgrade and you will be taken to the Google Play payment page.
  • Check the box stating that you agree to the Payments for Google Play Terms of Service.
  • Confirm the purchase by selecting Accept & Subscribe.

Note: If you have a PIN enabled for purchasing in Google Play, you'll need to enter that code after selecting Accept & Subscribe. You will then be billed monthly by Google Play for your Pandora subscription.

To update directly through Pandora:

Please visit the Pandora website directly by clicking here.

Select your subscription, and input your payment method: Credit Card or PayPal.

Hope this helps. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport