cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade attempts through Apple continue to fail

Twoine89
Local Performer

I pay for pandora $4.99, but I still listen adds and I can’t skip song, please help, it’s like I didn’t upgrade. I signed out and back in asked for technical support to reach out and still nothing. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aimeebarraza I moved your post into this existing thread: Upgrade attempts through Apple continue to fail

We are aware of this issue and are working with Apple to reach a resolution. In the meantime as a workaround, please use the following steps to upgrade: 

1. Go to the Settings on your iOS mobile device.
  2. Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen. 
  3. Next select Subscriptions. 
  4. Scroll to the bottom of screen to view your expired subscriptions.
  5. Locate the Pandora subscription and select your preferred subscription tier. 
    1. You may see more than one option available for each subscription tier and can select either of those options. 

After you've confirmed the subscription through Apple, return to the Pandora app: 

1. Go to Profile and tap Upgrade. 
  2. Then select Subscribe Now under your preferred subscription tier once more to finalize the process. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Twoine89 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Didduforthh
Local Performer

Having the same problem here. I did get an error that popped up saying that my Apple ID doesn’t match the email address Pandora has on file for billing. So I went and updated my email address with in the Pandora app on my profile to match what my updated Apple ID is and it’s still having the same issue I firmly believe this is nothing to do with Apple and everything to do with an error in your app programming or billing database.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Didduforthh We are aware of this issue and are working with Apple to reach a resolution. In the meantime as a workaround, please use the following steps to upgrade: 

1. You may see more than one option available for each subscription tier and can select either of those options. 

After you've confirmed the subscription through Apple, return to the Pandora app: 

2. Then select Subscribe Now under your preferred subscription tier once more to finalize the process. 

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

jcarl
Local Performer

I recently upgraded to Pandora Plus again. I was a previous subscriber , took a break and came back, but had to change my payment method. I am still using the same email account and the payment went through (I can see it on my bank statement online) but my Pandora acct doesn’t reflect this change and I am still hearing ads on all my devices (Alexa, Roku, iPhone etc). I can’t figure out what the problem is!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jcarl I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Aimeebarraza
Local Performer

I have a premium subscription and it’s not giving me the premium, it keeps saying for me to subscribe to premium and I already paid for it. HELP ! 

There’s a glitch with Pandora, one minute the premium works and the next minute it doesn’t work and tells me that I need to subscribe and took out money for the premium please assist ASAP

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aimeebarraza I moved your post into this existing thread: Upgrade attempts through Apple continue to fail

We are aware of this issue and are working with Apple to reach a resolution. In the meantime as a workaround, please use the following steps to upgrade: 

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

jeffclements
Local Performer

Yesterday I upgraded Pandora from Pandora Plus to Premium from my iphone. It seemed to upgrade and I was starting to use the new features, but shortly afterwards it said my subscription expired. Went back to my profile and clicked "Get Premium". Chose "Subscribe Now". I then get a message that I'm currently subscribed to Premium. Clicked on "Retrieve your subscription" and that didn't help." Logged out then back in. Re-installed the app. Nothing seems to work

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jeffclements I moved your post into this existing thread: Upgrade attempts through Apple continue to fail

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues after trying that out.

0 Kudos

jeffclements
Local Performer
Hello,
Unfortunately I’m unable to execute the instructions given. When I go to settings and then Apple ID, there is no “subscriptions” option. I suspect it’s because I’m using iPhone 6

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jeffclements I am going to send you a private message for further assistance with this.

Please keep an eye out for my message.

0 Kudos

Dontcallmekaren
Local Performer

I pay for Premium through iPhone Apple Pay but my profile only show Pandora Plus and I keep getting prompted to upgrade.

If I click on upgrade account it says payment failed and tells me to verify I have an iTunes account. 

There is nothing wrong with my payment method on Apple Pay for my subscriptions.

I’m getting quite frustrated.  I have shut down and restarting my phone as well as log out and back into Pandora.  Do I need to delete and reinstall the app?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Dontcallmekaren. 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I completely understand how frustrating this can be. 

I've created a support case for you with our team. Someone will reach out via email soon to offer further assistance with your account and subscription. Please keep an eye out for their message soon. 📬

Thanks for reporting this and for your patience. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos