cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Plus to Premium

mcnolo
Local Performer

I’ve had Pandora Plus for about 1 week. I’m considering upgrading to Premium. If I upgrade now, does Premium subscription starts immediately or after finish first month with Plus subscription? 

if it starts immediately, do I lose the $4.99 already paid or does it get subtracted from Premium subscription?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mcnolo. 👋

I've had a member of our User Support team take a look at your account. It looks like you're upgraded to a monthly Pandora Plus subscription.

Since you've already been billed for this month's Pandora Plus subscription, you'll be charged a prorated amount for the first month of the new subscription. That way you still receive credit for the unused portion of your Pandora Plus subscription.

++

Hi, @joemd1960. 👋

For annual Pandora Plus subscribers, please also keep in mind that we’ll automatically prorate the cost of your first Pandora Premium payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you’ve already paid for.

To view all of your subscription options, feel free to check out this page here.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you need further assistance. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

10 Replies

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

I was thinking about upgrading from plus to premium myself. My question is somewhat similar. I paid for the annual plan. I was wondering if I get a credit towards the premium since I paid for a full year of plus? Or do I lose the 54.89 I already paid? Thanks. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mcnolo. 👋

I've had a member of our User Support team take a look at your account. It looks like you're upgraded to a monthly Pandora Plus subscription.

Since you've already been billed for this month's Pandora Plus subscription, you'll be charged a prorated amount for the first month of the new subscription. That way you still receive credit for the unused portion of your Pandora Plus subscription.

++

Hi, @joemd1960. 👋

For annual Pandora Plus subscribers, please also keep in mind that we’ll automatically prorate the cost of your first Pandora Premium payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you’ve already paid for.

To view all of your subscription options, feel free to check out this page here.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you need further assistance. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Thanks Alyssa, so we understand each other. I paid for the year with my plus subscription. 
so if I decide to upgrade to premium, my intention is to pay for the year. So I was wondering how I would be billed. 
would I get credited for the plus, which has only been active for a week?

I just don’t want to get charged for the full amount for premium.  Thank you!😊

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @joemd1960 We'll automatically prorate the cost of your Premium payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you've already paid for.

If you're ready to upgrade, you can click here. Be sure to log-in first. 

Let me know if you have any trouble with it. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

RS3
Local Performer

I also want to upgrade my plus membership to premium. I purchased the annual plus subscription last month and paid the full $54.89. When I go to my settings to upgrade to premium it does not reflect the remainder of my plus subscription. It charges me the full amount of an annual premium membership. Does the show up later in the payment process?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RS3 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

0 Kudos

Matthewsebas
Local Performer

I have the same question.  If I opt into premium, do I loose the 54.00 I spent to get plus?  Want to upgrade, but I'm not going to if it means putting money in the trash. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Matthewsebas I'm showing the Pandora account connected to your Community profile is set up with the free service - not Pandora Plus.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

bradachambers
Local Performer

My wife and I each have a Pandora Plus account and we want to join them together as a Family Premium account so that we can add our kids. I understand from the posts on this forum that I will not lose the money that I have paid for my own Plus account when upgrading to the Family Premium, but what about the money we've paid for my wife's Plus account (we pay annually)?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bradachambers!

Welcome to community and thanks for your interest in Pandora Premium Family.

It looks like you reached out to our User Support team for further help. We hope they were able to answer your questions for you. If you have any additional questions or require further assistance I recommend responding to directly to their email.

Thanks for listening!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos