cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose my collection after canceling Premium?

ieatwhirledpeas
Local Performer
If you cancel, you will lose access to your songs, albums, playlists, and downloads, as soon as your subscription expires."

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity
Labels (1)
64 Replies

xsxexvxexnx
Local Performer
Yeah, I dont know why my post have been changed. Listen carefully. My account is no longer downgraded. I have paid for my subscription. It is a premium subscription just like I always pay for. My collection is still missing. How do I get it back? I recently missed a payment and my subscription was downgraded to the free version. I lost access to my collection. I paid my subscription and it was restored to it's usual premium family version. My collection is now missing except for the list of stations I gave created. How do I restore my collection? Thank you for any helpful response.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xsxexvxexnx Someone from our User Support team will be contacting you via email to help get this resolved.

Please keep an eye out for their message! 

0 Kudos

xsxexvxexnx
Local Performer
How long should I expect to wait?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xsxexvxexnx You should have received an email from support earlier this morning - if you aren't seeing that message, you may want to check your spam/junk folder to ensure their messages aren't getting filtered out.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

xsxexvxexnx
Local Performer

Yes, I received an email today but so far it has not been helpful or solved my issue. This problem has occurred twice, each time after renewing my subscription. It's very frustrating trying to remember everything I've lost only to lose it all again. Doing it for a third time is maddening. Please restore my collection.

0 Kudos

dfwlloyd
Underground

I primarily listen to Pandora through Alexa.  I upgraded to Premium so I could create playlists with music I pick. I assumed I would be able to shuffle these playlists once I chose one to play (some have hundreds of songs).  I have now learned that tis feature is not available and not known when it will.  Starting a playlist from the start and in order every time I choose it is useless.  I see no reason so stay a premium member at this time.  My question is will these playlists stay on my account for when I upgrade again?  I spent a lot of time making them.  I've been with Pandora for 10 years.  If I have to make these lists again, I'll switch to a service where this feature works now.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dfwlloyd 

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection (songs, albums) or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

++

Additionally, I took a quick look at your account and see that you've started our six-month trial of Premium at the cost of your Plus subscription on 3/12/2020. When this promotion expires you will automatically be transitioned to a full-priced Premium subscription. 

If you choose not to upgrade, you'll want to be sure to cancel the trial before the deadline. The Subscription section of your account is the best place to go to view all of your subscription options and make any necessary changes.

To view it, you'll need to log into your Pandora from a computer. Click here and select the Subscription tab.

Next, click on Switch Plans or Get Premium to view all of your subscription options.

Thanks again for being part of community. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MusicFan00921
Local Performer

so my question regards data loss if i downgrade from premium back to free version. when i went to cancel my subscription, it told me i would lose all my channels. Is that correct or is there another way besides canceling that would downgrade my subscription. I purchase direct from Pandora and it does not give me an option for the free version, only the other pay options.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan00921 I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question.

To clarify, if you downgrade from Premium to the free version, you will still have access to all of your regular collected radio station.

You will however lose access to your on-demand content.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

tanzbaum
Underground

“Unlock complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium?” So we can unsubscribe from Premium and by searching for a song from our former collection, we can access a complimentary Premium session with access to all our playlists?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @tanzbaum. 👋

Yes - you are correct. You will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists unless you initiate a complimentary session of Premium, or resubscribe to Premium at a later date. When you downgrade your subscription, you'll still have access to your stations and thumb feedback.

To find out more about how Premium sessions work, feel free to check out this helpful article.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Dking4321
Local Performer

If I cancel subscription will I lose all my liked and thumbs up songs

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dking4321 thanks for posting to community. I moved your message over to an existing thread on this. 

The short answer is no, when you downgraded from Premium, you'll still have access to your Stations, Thumbprint Radio and your thumb content. 

For more info please visit @AdamPandora accepted solution here.

Hope this helped. Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

greatcallings9
Local Performer

I have the Premium plan, and am considering downgrading to the Plus plan, however before I do that, I'd like to know if I will be able to access any of the songs in my current Premium playlists if I down grade?  How about all the songs I've given a thumbs up to?   Could I access any of those?  In your reply to ieatwhirledpeas you said "including all thumb feedback and added variety."  What does this mean? I have no idea.  I have so many great songs in a couple of playlists in my Premium plan, but mostly I listen to only one radio station.  From what I understand so far, if I downgrade, I would lose access to all playlists, and thumbs up songs.  The only thing I can do with the Plus plan is listen to radio stations of my choosing.  Is this correct? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @greatcallings9. 👋

When you downgrade to Premium you lose those features. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium. 

After downgrading, you will not be able to access your:

• On-demand music collection
  • Custom playlists (including My Thumbs Up playlists)

Please keep in mind, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety to your actual stations. 

You will still have access to your Thumbprint Radio station. Regardless of your subscription level, your  station thumbs 👍👎 will always be available.

You can also unlock complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium by searching for a song or album and pressing Play. Then your full collection, including any playlists, will be visible again. 

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

dinaolmelak
Underground

I am planning to upgrade my subscription from Free to Premium. However I wanted to know whether I keep the songs I have saved up for offline mode when I cancel my subscription?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dinaolmelak I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

This includes any content you have downloaded for Offline Mode.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for if you choose to resubscribe to Pandora Premium down the line. 

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

Hope this helps clarify. 😄

Sssweet2
Local Performer

I want to down grade to free please stop taking payments. I emailed you on May 20th @ 9:41 pm, June 11th @ 9:46 pm and June 17 th at 3:25 pm and 7:10 pm l think you owe me money 

Thank you

Linda Yard

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Sssweet2. 👋

Thanks for posting on the Pandora Community.

I've escalated your issue to our User Support team.

Someone will be in touch with you via email soon. Please be sure to check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

0 Kudos

frustrated1952
Underground

I'm exeriencing even more problems since I subscr to pandora premium than I did when it was free!! Found out same thing a few minutes ago when I tried to cancel... Over 300 songs were saved while free why should anyone even have to be concerned about this issue all?? I don't expect an answer from you I'm just agreeing someone need s to post all of this pandora **ahem** on social media. No one should ever have to go through what I'm now sure thousands of other subscribers are going through. I would but I don't do social media, just a suggestion?? In case you do or kniow someone who is willing. Any reputable business..,. Online & brick & mortar has acustmer service phone number> had I known this before I upgraded... I never would have upgraded. Remember>>> social media is worldwide..,. That will get the results we are looking for. Obviously canncelation is not an option if you have a saved playlist> we both read it, I'm not taking the chance of losing all the songs I've saved over the last 2 months. By the way, I'm only in my 2nd week of my 60 day free trial>

0 Kudos