cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose my collection after canceling Premium?

ieatwhirledpeas
Local Performer
If you cancel, you will lose access to your songs, albums, playlists, and downloads, as soon as your subscription expires."

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity
Labels (1)
64 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@frustrated1952 While Pandora does not offer phone support, there are a number of other ways you can contact us which you can find here: How to contact customer service?

To clarify, all of your collected stations will still be saved to your collection if you choose to downgrade to either Pandora Plus or back to the free service.

However any on-demand content (whether that be individual songs, albums, or playlists) will no longer be accessible unless you choose to resubscribe to Pandora Premium later down the line.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

mshartwig
Local Performer

I currently have a pandora premium subscription. I would like to cancel my subscription for a few months. When I come back and pay for my subscription again will I have access to all my downloaded content and playlists again? Or will I have to create again for off line listening?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mshartwig I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question: Will I lose my collection after canceling Premium?

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

That being said, you will need to go through the process of re-downloading any content you want for Offline Mode.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

rlw
Local Performer

I had some stations set up before subscribing. I"m cancelling my subscription, how do I keep the stations?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rlw I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question: Will I lose my collection after canceling Premium?

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

That being said, you will need to go through the process of re-downloading any content you want for Offline Mode.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

dvcinlv0
Local Performer

So once one tries Premium from Free or Plus and one wants to go back to Free or Plus that option is not allowed.

The only option--from Google Pay is to cancel and either sign-up for Free or Plus. But the penalty is you lose everything you created under Free or Plus in the past.

Seems like Pandora is providing an incentive to investigate and try the many other music services that have arrived since one used Free or Plus.

Very bad for a many subscriber!

Really a stupid way to run a business!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dvcinlv0 That actually is not what happens.

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium back to Pandora Plus or the free service, the only content that won't be available is the on-demand content you may have collected while on Pandora Premium.

This would include any customized playlists you created, or albums or songs you collected.

Any content you collected while on Pandora Plus or the free service will always be available to you (collected stations with all thumb feedback and preferences still present).

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

Catherinegrace8
Local Performer

What greedy beasts

you lie by omission about what you’ll get and paying anything for music is rediculess. When you can spend just as many hours writing and remembering songs you love writing down 

point is wouldn’t you rather have good feedback and reoccurring subscribers then upset ones. Give me a break. Your not inventing the wheel I started today and I’m canceling this minute may if your site was crystal clear I wouldn’t be upset and then have to search for help by joining another subscription which is free byw how wonderful of you 

0 Kudos

Amckiel93
Local Performer

If I cancel through apple and rebuy through pandora, will all of my playlist be gone and I have to start over?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Amckiel93 I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question: Will I lose my collection after canceling Premium?

No - you won't have to start all over again.

When you cancel your subscription through Apple, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you resubscribe to Pandora Premium directly through Pandora.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

higgikm
Local Performer

Hello. I have a subscription for pandora via the App Store. I want to get a family plan but can only do that via pandora. When I cancel my subscription in the App Store and sign back up with pandora, what happens to all my stations? Will I lose them all? 

thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@higgikm When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you resubscribe to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

higgikm
Local Performer

So when my husband cancels his account with the App Store and signs back up with pandora, his offline music and stations will come back? Thanks!!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@higgikm He will likely need to re-download his offline content, however all of his stations/playlists will return.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

Pianosuzy
Local Performer

I have Premium and am creating my own playlists at the moment. If I downgrade to Plus, will I be able to keep the playlists I created? Is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pianosuzy When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you resubscribe to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

dinaolmelak
Underground

😅 Thank you, It does clarify things. I eventually ended up with a pandora subscription.

JasL3535
Local Performer

How long does Pabdora save your collection and playlists? I have tried other music apps and want to return to pandora but only if it still has all my hard work saved

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JasL3535 To clarify, there is no time limit for how long your collection remains saved.

If you downgrade and resubscribe to Pandora Premium, your collection will still be there.

Hope this helps!

JasL3535
Local Performer

Absolutely! Now I'm just trying to figure out how to keep it playing in the background. Plays for a min or two then shuts off. I've given it every possible permission and battery optimization is not turned on.. but, at least I have my killer playlists back!

0 Kudos