cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will stations transfer to family plan?

begarvin
Local Performer

I just upgraded to the Premium Family plan. I can invite my wife to join on the family plan but need to know if her stations, etc. on her current Plus subscription will follow her to the Premium Family account.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@begarvin Yes - if your wife joins your family plan subscription, all of the content she has already added to her collection will transfer over.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎧

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@begarvin Yes - if your wife joins your family plan subscription, all of the content she has already added to her collection will transfer over.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

Cinder
Local Performer

That has not been my experience. When I upgraded to family, my husband had to establish his own Pandora account (instead of using mine). So now his music is still on my account and his account has no stations. I want to know how to transfer his stations to his account.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Cinder. 👋

That is correct. With Pandora Premium Family, you'll get all the benefits of Premium for up to six family members at one low price. Each of your Premium Family members will get full access to Premium features, but they'll have their own account. (In other words, you won't have to share your music unless you want to.)

In the post above on this thread, the listener's family member already had an established account with stations. 

++

With the Family plan, all six family members will be able to:

• Listen to what you want, when you want
  • Create radio stations or custom playlists
  • Enjoy podcasts
  • Download music for offline listening
  • Skip or replay songs whenever
  • Listen to higher quality audio, uninterrupted by ads

You'll also get exclusive access to "Our Soundtrack," a regularly-updated playlist created just for your family that combines each person’s unique musical tastes.

++

Sharing Music:

You can share music so that he can add those stations to his own account. It's often easiest to share a song, station, album, playlist, podcast or artist by searching for it (even if it's already a part of your collection).

• Then tap the name of the song/station/album/playlist/artist/podcast* and tap Share.
  • From here you'll be able to share your content either through your messages, through social media channels like Snapchat, Instagram Stories or via email.
  • You can also select Copy Link for a direct link to the content you've selected.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

cocktailsfirst
Local Performer

If I understand correctly and to sum up, A Family Account does not automatically allow access to each members "Collection" of Stations/Playlists/Albums/Songs/Podcasts/etc.. There is no option to listen to "Mom's Playlists". Any content must be manually shared through the method listed above and which can be done without the Family Plan. The main advantage to a Family Account is 6 people having Pandora Premium at a lower cost than each of the 6 subscribing separately. 

Am I correct? 

Thank you and I hope this clears it up for me and others as there seems to be confusion.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, @cocktailsfirst.

You will not have access to any other family member's collection with this subscription.

They will need to share any content with you before you can access it.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

begarvin
Local Performer
Thank you for the reply. I was asking because after you've spent the time to 'tailor' stations with thumbs up and down I would not want to lose that by joining a new family plan. So if I upgraded my plan to a family plan how would my wife transfer her acct to the family plan so as not to lose that history?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@begarvin The Premium Family plan allows up to six different Pandora accounts to join one Premium subscription plan.

So if you were to upgrade to the Premium Family plan, you'd then be able to invite your wife to add her own personal account to join.

As long as each of you are signed into your own separate accounts, all of your stations and preferences will transfer over.

Feel free to reach back out if you ever run into any issues with this.

0 Kudos

plex6
Local Performer

Sorry...None of the sharing options work.  I just setup the Family plan, and I cannot share any playlists or even have any of my family members Follow me so I can share with them.  Even using the Copy Link option does not work.  As soon as the other family member tries to use the link, the website just goes back to "you haven't added anything yet."  Short story, your Family Sharing model **ahem** big time.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@plex6 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you unable to share content from your collection on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos