cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: App freezes during Premium access

El1
Local Performer

Well, I have an iPhone 7+ and when I search and play a song most of the time it just shows that it is playing but not actually doing anything the stations work but after like 3 or 4 songs it freezes and I have to play a different station I tried deleting and reinstalling but it still doesn't do anything like for example I go and play a song that I searched for, and after a couple of songs play on the auto play, it just freezes and doesn't play any songs except stations and when I play a station, it plays for 3 or 4 songs and does the same thing and I have to change the station. Any tips to fix this because this is really annoying and I like pandora better then Spotify anyways and I don't want to switch.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @LACHIKA310! Thanks for posting. 

I enabled a trace on your account to help us investigate what may be happening.

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @El1 thanks for posting to community!

I've asked our User Support team to start a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening. Would you mind uninstalling and reinstalling the app again for me. 

Thanks for the help. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Mlupo55
Local Performer

The same thing has been happening to my phone. Every time I pick a song it just freezes until the ad free listening runs out.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mlupo55 Are you receiving any error messages when this happens?

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

ioboarder
Local Performer

My husband and I are having the same problem and have for about a year. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app did not help. We pay for the service, but it will play for an indeterminate amount of songs, and then just freeze.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ioboarder I took a look at the Pandora account connected to your Community profile, and it doesn't look like any Premium Sessions have been initiated since early March.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

Can you please try reproducing this issue on your end, and let us know if the app continues to freeze after you initiate a Premium Session?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

LACHIKA310
Local Performer

sometimes when I play a song no sound comes out also when I’m moving songs to another playlist they freeze or if I delete a song it freezes

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @LACHIKA310! Thanks for posting. 

I enabled a trace on your account to help us investigate what may be happening.

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ryderflorin99
Local Performer

I too am having the same problem! Even left a review about it on G-play when I was re-downloading the stupid app on hopes of getting it to play smoothly unfortunately nothing changed for the better, probably made it worse honestly... Fix it or I'm going to cancel my yearly subscription and go elsewhere that I won't have to pay for while getting better quality and performance. 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ryderflorin99! Welcome to community.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Android. I'm happy to pass along your experience to our engineering team.

This thread is specific to iOS devices, looks like you're on Android. Also, this is for listeners having troubling enabling a Premium Access session, which you wouldn't be doing since you're already subscribe to Premium.

Can you tell me a little more about whats happening when you're listening to Pandora. Does the app crash or does playback stop and you aren't able to resume?

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos