cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/07/2020: Apple Watch App Crashing

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 04/07/2020: We've received reports about the Pandora app crashing for Apple watch users. Our engineering team is working on a fix to help get you back to listening.

Please keep in eye on this thread for any updates regarding this issue. Thanks for your patience during this process! 🎧

++

Pandora Update 04/15/2020: The newest Pandora app version 2004.1 includes a fix for this crashing issue. Please manually update the app from your settings. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Let us know if you still have trouble.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
53 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Cspradlin. 👋

Listeners that move out of range of a tethered connection to their mobile device will need to re-pair their headphones with their Apple Watch to listen to content on the go. However, those using AirPods or headphones with Bluetooth 5.0 will not need to re-pair, since the switch will occur automatically.

++

In the meantime, our engineering team is aware of this crashing issue and they're working on this diligently. I've shared this feedback with them on your behalf.

I'm very sorry for the continued trouble this has caused. 

0 Kudos

dogwatch
Local Performer

Thank you for working on solution as I have the same issue. My apple watch auto-updated (I turned that off) and then Pandora would crash when I tried to play from the watch. It plays fine through the phone. It will be nice to get watch streaming fix.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback, @dogwatch.

I've also shared your experience with engineering. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon!

0 Kudos

Mindala
Local Performer

I’ve had the same trouble. Nothing fixes it. It’s so frustrating when all I want to do is run using my watch and headphones. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Mindala. 👋

Our engineering team is aware of the crashing issue on Apple Watches. I've passed your feedback along to them, along with your account info.

Thanks for sticking with us while we work on fixing this! 

0 Kudos

Ebendigo
Opening Act

BTW.  The latest developer's beta for Watch OS 6.2 was released today and the pandora app on the watch works great.  I can select a station have it play from the watch and it doesn't crash.

Raelyn20
Local Performer

hello I have Apple Watch 5 series updated yesterday to 6.2.. when I open pandora on my watch and click on a station it crashes every time .. crashes on cellular or WiFi.. I’ve tried all troubleshooting steps nothing is working.. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ebendigo Awesome! Glad to hear you're back to listening and thanks again for pointing out this issue when it happened initially.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Raelyn20. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience, and sorry for the continued trouble. I've shared your information with our engineering team for further review.

0 Kudos

Kaysawn
Local Performer

Yesterday when I went for a bike ride I wanted to stream Pandora strictly from my watch but the app kept crashing on my Apple Watch  6. It will launch and allow me to play music to my iPhone but when I want to play music from my watch it keeps crashing over and over again. I have all the latest updates on both iPhone and Apple Watch 6

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Kaysawn. 👋

Sounds like you're still having trouble.

I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps here to see if it helps.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared your info with our engineering team too. 🎧

0 Kudos

pinoyAndroid
Local Performer

I cannot use the standalone Apple Watch at all since about 2 weeks ago. It was working great before. Now, I cannot use it at all. I have a Apple Watch series 3 (Cellular + GPS). For troubleshooting, I have deleted and reinstalled the app. Any playlist does not work. Even the ones I newly created.  Does anyone encountered this problem? It might be a bug on the latest update. Thanks in advance. God Bless. Stay safe and healthy!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @pinoyAndroid thanks for posting to community! I've moved your message to an existing thread because I believe you may be experiencing a similar issue - Apple Watch App Crash

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on it. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Thekitch2681
Underground

Why does Pandora exit the app once I select a station and not play the music? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app...looking for suggestions or trouble shooting please!

0 Kudos

DDT1345
Underground

Where can we get the developer beta? Thanks. 

0 Kudos

Ebendigo
Opening Act

You need a developer's account through Apple.  https://developer.apple.com/

It's a paid account, but I can't remember off the top of my head,  the cost.

0 Kudos

DDT1345
Underground

Hello Alyssa, You can add my name to the list of people experiencing this same problem. I have an Apple Watch Series 5 with WatchOS 6.2 and Pandora 2003.2.

My wife is running WatchOS 6.1.3 and Pandora works fine on her Apple Watch Series 5 and Pandora 2003.2

Kevin

TannerPandora

Hi @DDT1345 consider it done! 👍🏻Thanks for letting us know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

TannerPandora

Hey @Thekitch2681 thanks for posting!

Sounds like it may be crashing for some reason. Is it only when you're trying to play a station? Can you move around the app at all? For example, can you go to your profile?

What model iPhone are you using and what is the OS version? If you need help finding the OS, let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Thekitch2681
Underground

It when I click on a station, I can search for stations and everything is fine. It just force quits when I try to play a station so therefore can’t play any music on the watch...the watch OS is 6.2...I’m having issues with Pandora working on the watch not my phone. Thanks for your help. Apple thinks it sounds like Pandora’s current version isn’t up to speed with the new iwatch update...

0 Kudos