cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/07/2020: Apple Watch App Crashing

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 04/07/2020: We've received reports about the Pandora app crashing for Apple watch users. Our engineering team is working on a fix to help get you back to listening.

Please keep in eye on this thread for any updates regarding this issue. Thanks for your patience during this process! 🎧

++

Pandora Update 04/15/2020: The newest Pandora app version 2004.1 includes a fix for this crashing issue. Please manually update the app from your settings. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Let us know if you still have trouble.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 04/15/2020: The newest Pandora app version 2004.1 includes a fix for this crashing issue. Please manually update the app from your settings. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Let us know if you still have trouble. 🎶

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
53 Replies

Ebendigo
Opening Act

I have an Apple Watch 4 running 6.2.  I have the new Pandora app installed.  The app worked for a little while when it first came out.  Now when I try to launch the app it allows me to change the source from watch or phone but when hit play the app crashes.  I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.  It doesn't seem to fix the issue.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Ebendigo. 👋

Sorry for the trouble with Pandora on your Apple Watch device.

You can choose whether you prefer to stream Pandora directly from your watch or your mobile device, as long as your Apple Watch is connected to your iPhone. 

Could you tell me a bit more about your iPhone device?

• iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you receiving any error messages when the app crashes? If so, what exactly does it say?

++

In the meantime, I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. This information will be helpful for our engineering team in case we need to report this over to them for further review.

I know that this is super inconvenient but for this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps for your Apple Watch once more.

Appreciate you sticking with me on this!

0 Kudos

Ebendigo
Opening Act

iOS version: 13.4

Pandora version: 2003.2

I have the apple watch error log from the crash that I can either upload here or I could send it since it's rather large.

I'll go through the troubleshooting steps as instructed.

Thanks,

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good - thanks, @Ebendigo

0 Kudos

Ebendigo
Opening Act

Would you like me to upload the watch crash file here in the window?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're able to, this would be helpful too, @Ebendigo.

0 Kudos

Ebendigo
Opening Act

{"bug_type":"109","os_version":"Watch OS 6.2 (17T529)","build_version":"2094","timestamp":"2020-03-25 12:29:51.00 -0400","app_name":"Watch Extension","bundleID":"com.pandora.watchapp.extension","incident_id":"16EB71E2-2105-4BFA-896C-A39F79CE5D20","name":"Watch Extension","is_first_party":0,"app_version":"2003.2","share_with_app_devs":0,"slice_uuid":"b21faecf-b254-3b90-a44f-e508dcbd592c","adam_id":284035177}
Incident Identifier: 16EB71E2-2105-4BFA-896C-A39F79CE5D20
CrashReporter Key: e15cbb1c79a7b755d1c384aab691f3d23fed4d44
Hardware Model: Watch4,4
Process: Watch Extension [626]
Path: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/1DCE84FD-B4C5-4808-B73E-E34A8B6B4990/Watch.app/PlugIns/Watch Extension.appex/Watch Extension
Identifier: com.pandora.watchapp.extension
Version: 2094 (2003.2)
AppVariant: 1:Watch4,4:6
Code Type: ARM (Native)
Role: Foreground
Parent Process: launchd [1]
Coalition: com.pandora.watchapp.extension [306]

Date/Time: 2020-03-25 12:29:50.9391 -0400
Launch Time: 2020-03-25 12:29:12.0000 -0400
OS Version: Watch OS 6.2 (17T529)
Release Type: User
Baseband Version: 2.03.05
Report Version: 104

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000022c89ba8
Termination Signal: Trace/BPT trap: 5
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x5
Terminating Process: exc handler [626]
Triggered by Thread: 0

Moderator Edit: Edited format to keep thread organized / copied all pertinent info to report to engineering

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ebendigo I removed the other posts to keep this thread clear in case anyone else experiences a similar crashing issue. 

In the meantime, I've copied all of the crash log and feedback you've sent over to share with our engineering team. 

++

• Also, are you on cellular or WiFi when this issue happens?
  • Are headphones connected when you're moving the source?
  • If you are connected via headphones on your watch, and move the source back to your phone does the same thing occur?

Thanks again for your help with this!

0 Kudos

Ebendigo
Opening Act
  • It happens on both cellular and WiFi
  • Yes, the headphones are connected 
  • It can kind of control the phone app from the watch.  It crashes but starts the iphone playing and I have to go back into the watch app.  Also It seems to play downloaded music ok, it's only the streaming of music from the watch that crashes.

povo
Local Performer

My app crashes when attempting to play a station over a cellular connection. This started occurring after the last watch update. 

Ebendigo
Opening Act

Good, I'm not the only one!  I was getting worried!

povo
Local Performer

Nope! It’s been pretty frustrating as I like to use the app on runs and leave my phone behind. The watch app works when connected to my phone, but crashes after I select a station on a cellular connection. I’m running the watch app on Apple Watch 5. I shouldn’t have updated! 

Ebendigo
Opening Act

Yeah, exactly!  I use mine for running too and leave the phone at home.  I've been forced to use Apple Music again, but I like my Pandora stations!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ebendigo and @povo thanks so much for posting and letting us know about what is going on with your Apple Watch. 

Our engineers are aware of this and are currently investigating the cause. We really appreciate your patience in the meantime! ❤️📱

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

owl2hoot
Local Performer

Same problem here !!

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @owl2hoot! I've included your info in our report. Thanks for your patience! 👍🏻

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Mb1
Local Performer

So glad I’m not the only one! Just got ready to go for a run on the only beautiful day I’ve seen in months and sure enough the watch crashes every time I select a station. So frustrating because I just want to listen to music and run yet spent over an hour trying to figure out if I somehow switched something off and/or reinstalling the app several times over. I updated my watch and my phone 2 days ago so I’m assuming it has to do with that. Hopefully they will fix this problem soon! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mb1. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, and sorry for the continued trouble. Our engineering team has eyes on this, and are working on it. Your info has been reported to them.

Appreciate your patience during this process! 

Cspradlin
Local Performer

I have the same issue. 
Also, why would I want to stream from my watch and still be connected to my phone. I thought Watch mode was so I could use it when my phone is not nearby. Is this not the case? I want to leave my phone at home and take my watch to the gym and stream pandora into my headphones. 

0 Kudos