cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch: Unable to control volume after iOS17.4 & WatchOS 10.4

DaveL
Underground

I use the Pandora Apple Watch app to control the playback of music from Pandora on my phone. Since I upgraded my iPhone to 17.4 and my watch to 10.4, the volume control on the watch is non-functional. Turning the crown causes the green circle at the bottom center of the display to grow or shrink, but the playback volume doesn't change.

I'm using the latest version of Pandora on both my phone and watch that includes the fix for the Apple Watch crash.

I'm guessing this is a bug in 17.4. But I'm wondering if any one else has seen the problem, if Pandora is aware of it, and if anyone knows of a workaround.

Thanks for the help!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
22 Replies

Onirb
Local Performer

I uninstalled pandora on my watch and reinstalled it and the volume now works through the app 

Mantikora
Local Performer

Well, I haven't encountered that specific issue with my Apple Watch, but it sounds frustrating. It could indeed be a bug with the latest updates. Have you tried restarting both your iPhone and Apple Watch?

MattB17
Underground
I’ve restarted both several times, and there have been updates installed on both, with the same issue remaining. It appears to affect more than just pandora though, so it appears to be an Apple issue, not pandora issue.
0 Kudos