cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Won't Play Next Song

cwins
Local Performer

Having the same issue with connectivity when using Apple Watch activity and trying to play Pandora.  So frustrating to have to keep stopping my workout to get Pandora to work.   Have had Pandora for so many years now and always loved it.  Seems like it is time to move on to another service that will works with my devices.   Who knows, maybe Apple is making it not work so we all go to Apple Music.  Which is likely what I’ll do. 

Labels (1)
15 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cwins. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience. 

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this.

First, try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If you're still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

++

If the issue continues, could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

• What iPhone model do you have?
  • Pandora App Version on your iPhone (Go to Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen):
  • Apple Watch Version (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion) :
  • How are you connected when this happens (WiFi, cellular data)?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Youngerama
Local Performer

I have the same problem with the watch. It actually causes the cellular data to disconnect and pauses Pandora. Then I have to close pandora app on watch, manually resume cellular data then re-open Pandora and start the stream. It always goes back to the last song that had played instead of starting a new random song from that station which makes me think pandora is pre-loading the songs to prevent buffering. I’m ready to switch to another service as well as this is one of the main reason I got the Apple Watch with data so I did t need my phone. So frustrating. 

and restarting, reinstalling didnt fix anything. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Youngerama. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. I'd like to share this feedback with our engineering team.

Would you mind providing the requested details below?

• Pandora App Version on your iPhone (Go to Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen):
  • Apple Watch Version (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion) :
  • Any other notable patterns? 

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Patrick-i
Local Performer

Anyone solve this problem yet?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Patrick-i. 👋

Thanks for commenting on this thread. It sounds like you're also having trouble with this. 

Would you mind providing more details about your device(s) so that I can pass this along to our engineering team?

You can find the requested information needed here.

Thanks so much for your help. 🎧

Patrick-i
Local Performer

Apple Watch Series 6 with watch os 7.6.1 

Trying to run Pandora while running the apple watch activity app ('outdoor walking' in my case).  Will play first and second song, then stops working - pandora locks up.  Using apple earpods pro as well.

Youngerama
Local Performer
Apple phone 8
Pandora 2107.1
Watch 7.6.1
Connected to Data (Verizon) with strong cell signal

Very respectfully,

Austin Younger, MD
LCDR, USN, MC

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Youngerama @Patrick-i Thanks so much for getting back to me with those details. I've shared this information with our engineering team so that they can investigate. 🎧

0 Kudos

bethturner
Local Performer

I refuse to let Apple bully me into their music service... I think it's more an Apple problem than a Pandora problem and I DO think it's on purpose. 

On the phone with Apple for 2 hours on this problem... restarting, deleting, repairing, etc... all the usual bull... just to have the problem continue every time. SO FRUSTRATED

0 Kudos

Sandman32068
Local Performer

I have an Apple Watch 7 with the latest update. I have the Pandora Family Plan and I also have Apple Music. I am having the same 2 song issue. I’m running on cellular and the signal is super strong as the tower is in very close proximity. I don’t know if Apple is up to no good or not but I’m paying for their service so I’m not sure why they would mess with Pandora. I certainly don’t discount anything these days. Hopefully a fix comes soon as it is a pain in the buttocks. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sandman32068 I'd like to share this feedback with our engineering team.

Would you mind providing the requested details below?

• Does this also happen when connected to WiFi?
  • Do any error messages appear? (Ex: Buffering)
  • Any other notable patterns? 

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Living2022
Local Performer

same problem

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Living2022 Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this.

First, try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If you're still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

++

If the issue continues, could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

• Please describe in full detail the problem you are experiencing.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

wk2000
Local Performer

Same problem- Apple watch will play 1 or two songs on LTE, then freezes. Pandora works just fine. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wk2000 Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this.

++

• Please describe in full detail the problem you are experiencing.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos