cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile: Auto-play doesn't resume after Playlist ends

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Hello all, I am on the premium plan. And I noticed that auto play is not working after a playlist is complete. The switch is toggled on, but I got the dreaded silence at the end of the playlist. Please help, thank you! 😩😄

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 Thanks for getting back to me, and for your patience.

I just checked in with our device team about this. Unfortunately, AutoPlay isn't supported on Sonos devices at this time. 

However, if you'd like to see this option available, you can create a feature suggestion here.

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @joemd1960. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with auto-play during your listening sessions. 

AutoPlay should kick in automatically when the playlist ends. I also noticed that you're a Premium subscriber. Pandora Premium listeners will automatically have access to the feature, and can manage AutoPlay at the bottom of any track, album, podcast or playlist, or from your Settings.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you connected to another device when this happens? If so, are you using the Pandora app to control what plays on that device?
  • Which version of the Pandora app are you using?
    • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Hey there Alyssa,

I was using my iPad and streaming off of my Sonos play 5 speaker. The version is 2007.1 if that makes sense. I am getting the impression Pandora doesn’t play nice with Sonos. When. I disconnected from the Sonos speaker, and used the iPads speaker it was fine. Thanks much. 😊

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 Thanks for getting back to me, and for your patience.

I just checked in with our device team about this. Unfortunately, AutoPlay isn't supported on Sonos devices at this time. 

However, if you'd like to see this option available, you can create a feature suggestion here.

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

I am not going to bother with that feature request. Chances of that happening is slim to none. Sadly, lack of auto play was one of the reasons why I left Apple Music. Aside of that, if I may add, and for what it’s worth. I have been using Pandora exclusively since I think mid June. Pandora still has great  features that the other streaming giants do not. Not to mention all the great Mods who tirelessly help out when needed.  So lack of auto play on Sonos, doesn’t turn into a deal breaker for me. Thanks though for checking for me Alyssa. 😊

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 Most definitely! I'm always happy to help.

In the meantime, you can find out more about how our Feature Requests work on this helpful infographic.

Feel free to let me know if you need anything else. 👍

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Thanks Alyssa, much appreciated. 😊

jab6string
Underground

I am having this problem too @AlyssaPandora.  Even when casting directly from the Pandora app to my Sonos Arc, and the AutoPlay feature is toggled on, it just stops. I play a single song I've selected from my library and the music stops at the end and AutoPlay doesn't keep the music going. I am so sad about this major Pandora feature not working. Please tell me some good news. Note, I am a Premium subscriber and new Sonos owner and feel like I spent a lot of money on a downgrade. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @jab6string. 👋

Thanks for your feedback around this, and for being a Pandora listener. 

Unfortunately, AutoPlay isn't supported on Sonos devices at this time. However, I've made a note your thoughts around this as a potential feature. 👍