Just renewed my subscription and it won’t quit buffering

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @PSNB. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering buffering during your listening sessions.

It sounds like you've run through the standard troubleshooting steps yet the issue persists. Would you mind sharing more details about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

15 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @tipnelms3! Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear your phone is buffering. 

I do see that you've also emailed our User Support team as well. Did you have a chance to uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone? Did this help?

If not, could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

JosephAllen
Local Performer

My Pandora on my iPhone keep Buffing

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @JosephAllen. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing buffering during your listening sessions.

Let's try running through these troubleshooting steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account.

Feel free to let me know if this helps! 🎧

PSNB
Local Performer

My music stops playing or is constantly buffering.  This problem has been occurring for about 3 weeks.  I've restarted my iPhone several times and have uninstalled, then reinstalled the app.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @PSNB. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering buffering during your listening sessions.

It sounds like you've run through the standard troubleshooting steps yet the issue persists. Would you mind sharing more details about your device?

• Carrier:

Let me know. 🎧

View solution in original post

PSNB
Local Performer

Device & Generation: iPhone 7
Carrier: Verizon
iOS version: iOS 14.2
Pandora version: 2011.1
Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?:  WiFi
Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?:  The problem has been occurring for about 3 weeks and has gotten progressively worse. It started out sporadic, now the music doesn't play at all. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thank you so much for sharing your device details, @PSNB.

I've passed the information you've provided along to our engineering team for further review. Appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🎧

0 Kudos

aprillmiles4
Local Performer

My radio stations keep buffering after every 2 or 3 songs. And they are always way too long in coming back with more music. Even as I write this, I’ve been waiting probably close to 10 minutes for the buffering to stop. I want you to please resolve this issue, to do so completely, and to begin very very shortly. By the way, even powering off and on my iPhone doesn’t do anything. Because it just keeps buffering after the next 1 or 2 songs after that. Thanks.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @aprillmiles4. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this buffering issue. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Buffering on iOS Device

I would recommend running through the standard troubleshooting steps for iOS devices. 

If you haven't already, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

0 Kudos

clashgirl
Local Performer

Hi. I am a massage therapist and I’ve been using Pandora for a very long time.  I pay for the premium one so that i hopefully have no issues.  However I’ve been having to play my Amazon Prime music for my clients lately because pandora now keeps stopping and is stuck on buffering.  This has only been happening since i switched from my android to an iPhone 11.  While in a massage i can not stop turning my phone on and off and messing with the music.  I hate to cancel my subscription but if i can’t get this fixed I’m going to have to.  Please help.  I wrote you online, too but nobody ever replied to my email.  

0 Kudos

al1953
Local Performer

keeps buffering on my apple 8 phone doesnt download station or music

0 Kudos

Tmiy
Local Performer

My iPhone won’t play pandora after getting updated to 14.4.1. Any ideas? I’ve done the off/ on, deleted and reinstalled the app. It shows the podcasts time running but no sound. Music just buffers. 

0 Kudos

theo1stroh
Local Performer

yes, have att free music ?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Tmiy @al1953 @clashgirl👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. If you haven't already, I would recommend running through the standard troubleshooting steps first.

If the issue persists, would you mind sharing more details about your device?

• Carrier:

Let me know, and I can report this over to our engineering team.

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @theo1stroh. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Buffering on iOS Device

Sounds like you may be experiencing buffering as well. Please check out my post about this here.

Feel free to let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos