cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Downloading Older Version of App

Nurse_bigdog
Local Performer

I have a 5th gen iPod that I have used Pandora on since day one. Lately, I've started having issues with Pandora suddenlink stopping and having to be restarted and sometimes the iPod itself had to he restarted. I have deleted the app and reinstalled with no change. I uninstalled the app last night and went to reinstall and I get an error message saying Pandora Music is not compatible with this iPod. I don't understand this issue. Someone please help!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @PierreP. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I moved you post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: iOS: Downloading Older Version of App 

As you may know, the current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 13.

To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. 

• If you are running a version older than iOS 13, you will need to update your device's operating system (OS). Please refer to this article on how to do that
  • Otherwise, I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device. Previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download. 

++

In the meantime, you can check out @Kaptinn's post about this here for a possible workaround.

If you'd like to see the ability to download older / previous versions of Pandora, feel free to check out this existing feature request: Downloading Previous Versions of Pandora

To upvote this feature idea, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.

Hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

43 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nurse_bigdog Welcome to the community!

The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 11. To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device's Settings, go to GeneralAbout, and Version.

If you are running an iOS version older than 11.0, you will need to update your device's operating system (OS). Please refer to this article on how to do that.

jtm
Local Performer

I want to put pandora on my itouch 4th gen (8G)  but the app store says the most recent version is incompatible and no abilty to get an older version like the version running on my older itouch 2nd gen- which still works.

Is there a way to use my MacBook to copy the app from the 2nd gen and then install into the 4th gen???

Or is there another way to get an older version that works with Ios v6.xx

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jtm.

Unfortunately, previous versions of the Pandora app are not available to download.

If you are running a version older than iOS 11, you will need to update your device's operating system (OS). Please refer to this article on how to do that

Otherwise, I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device.

You can create a feature request here to share your suggestion of having the ability to download older versions of the Pandora app.

Thanks so much for being apart of the community! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

spr8mng
Local Performer

Hi Adam.  I have an older iPod (5th gen) and the iOS is 9.3.5 which is the newest version it will run.  Pandora stopped working with the last update and since I can't update my iOS I was wondering if there is a way to download the older version of Pandora that always worked fine.  I'm not particularly tech savvy so please take that into account if you reply.  Lastly, I'm not even sure how I got into this "community" site so if you can reply via email I'd really appreciate it.

Moderator edit: Removed Personal Info

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@spr8mng  I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device if you are unable to update your device to iOS 11. 

Unfortuantely, previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download. 

Hope this helps clarify. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

delliedog
Local Performer

This is not a solution. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @delliedog👋 

Thanks so much for your feedback about this.

Unfortunately, the current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 11, and this cannot be altered. 

If you'd like to see the ability to download previous versions of the app, feel free to create a feature request here.

Hope to see you around the community more often! 🎧

0 Kudos

kisten1969
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. Are you saying my ‘solution’ to access music on my iPod is to switch to Spotify? Pandora needs to address this.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @kisten1969. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 11If you're using an older operating system, you'll need to update the iOS on your device.

Any version older than iOS 11 is no longer supported. 

Feel free to check out @AdamPandora's message here regarding how to make this update if you're able to.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎼

benstraw
Local Performer

a friend just bought a used 2013 ipad, and can't install pandora from the appstore.  is there a place to download old versions through a verified source like pandora or apple? specifically i think he needs `pandora 3.1.12.ipa`

i saw a hack on google about signing in on a brand new device and then back to the old device but he does not have access to a newer device.

thank you,

ben

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @benstraw. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space organized. 

Please check out @AdamPandora's message about Pandora on older devices here.

If you'd like to see the ability to download older / previous versions of Pandora, feel free to check out this existing feature request. You can upvote ideas by searching for the title on the main feature request page and clicking on the ❤️icon next to the title of any given suggestion.

Hope this information is helpful! 🎧

0 Kudos

gmercer2012
Local Performer

Is your head really wedged that far into the dark that you use the same reply to different questions? Where is a version of Pandora that will run on my ipad? It doesn't have to be the latest features as I'm just paying to listen to music. Or am I to believe that you don't care about your customers and that you are really just a bunch of scam artists, leeches, and idiots. Please don't patronize customers with canned responses. I will respect you more if you just say "I don't know" than the three responses you gave on this thread. Earn your paycheck and don't expect a free ride.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gmercer2012 👋

It looks like you were already able to install the app on your iPad device recently.

If you're still having trouble:

• You can find our app in the App Store on your device. Search for Pandora and tap Install.
  • You can also go to pandora.com on your phone or tablet's web browser, scroll down and select Get the App to install the app.

Downloading any app from the App Store will require that you enter the password for your Apple ID. Keep in mind that the email address and password for your Apple ID account may be different than your Pandora account.

0 Kudos

gsjames
Local Performer

Is there any way to obtain legacy versions of the Pandora app?  I have an Gen4 iPod Touch that I use strictly as a Pandora player in my workshop when connected to an old iHome iDN38 AM/FM/Dock/USB clock radio.  The last OS for this device is iOS 6.1.6  and of course the current version of Pandora is not compatible.  It would be great if I could find a way to use this again.  Thanks.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @gsjames. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized.

Please check out @AdamPandora's message about supported versions of Pandora here.

If you'd like to have the ability to download older / previous version of the Pandora app on devices, feel free to check out this existing feature request: Downloading previous versions of pandora 

To express your interest in seeing this option implemented, please upvote the idea by clicking on the ❤️icon next to the title of the suggestion.

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! 🎶

gsjames
Local Performer

Older iPod/iPhone/iPad and other iDevices CANNOT update the OS to iOS11.  For example, the last compatible iOS for the iPod Touch v4 is 6.1,  thus it is not possible to update the OS to iOS11 and therefore it is not possible to load Pandora on it anymore.  Your suggestion to update to iOS 11 is not possible.  One of my iPod Touch players has the older version, which was installed when it was current, but there appears to be no way to install legacy apps, particularly Pandora on the one that I recently purchased to use as a Pandora player.  Pandora really needs to make legacy apps available for the older hardware.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback about this, @gsjames

I completely understand where you're coming from with this. 

While this isn't a feature, you can still express your interest in this option by commenting and upvoting this suggestion in our Feature Request space. 

In the meantime, I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

0 Kudos

MatthewLF
Local Performer

I managed to reinstall an old version of Pandora on my 5th gen iPod running IOS 9.3.5. You have to go to the app store > updates > Purchased. Then scroll until you find Pandora and press the download. The app store asked if I wanted to download the last compatible version and it worked

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @MatthewLF. 👋

Thanks so much for posting as this may work for other listeners who would be interested in downloading a previous version. Very helpful.

Hope to see you around the community more often! 🎧