cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Fine Tune Modes with Offline Stations

armandhammer
Underground

Premium user. When I download stations for offline listening, it seems to completely ignore the Fine Tune Mode. For example, I download the 80s Pop Radio station for offline and it plays the most popular tracks imaginable even though I always have it set to Deep Cuts. When I go back online, it immediately starts playing non-popular deep cuts again. Same thing with 80s Alternative Radio, I was listening to the Billy Idol Transmission Mode, and selected to download, but the downloaded station played only popular 80s Alternative songs and Billy Idols program was nowhere to be found.

W T H?  How do I fix this?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @armandhammer. 👋

Nice to see you around the community.

Modes aren't currently a feature of offline stations. If you'd like to see this option for your offline tunes, feel free to upvote this existing feature request by clicking on the 💙icon next to the title: Modes with Offline Stations 

First, your offline station may be a bit different than when listening normally online.

Pandora is transitioning away from operating solely under statutory licensing and moving toward special agreements (direct licensing) with record labels and music publishers. The majority of our tracks in our catalogue are now covered under these direct deal agreements; however, some tracks, such as those that would normally play on your station, still fall under the statutory licenses and cannot be played offline. We are actively working on directly licensing the remainder of our collection so that we can provide all songs offline, but until then certain tracks will not be available. That's why your station might seem different.

In the meantime, if you'd prefer to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline Station list). For now, listeners cannot manually add, delete, or swap out which stations will be available in their Offline Listening, so we periodically refresh the stations that are available offline based on your listening habits.

I hope this helps to explain. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @armandhammer. 👋

Nice to see you around the community.

Modes aren't currently a feature of offline stations. If you'd like to see this option for your offline tunes, feel free to upvote this existing feature request by clicking on the 💙icon next to the title: Modes with Offline Stations 

First, your offline station may be a bit different than when listening normally online.

Pandora is transitioning away from operating solely under statutory licensing and moving toward special agreements (direct licensing) with record labels and music publishers. The majority of our tracks in our catalogue are now covered under these direct deal agreements; however, some tracks, such as those that would normally play on your station, still fall under the statutory licenses and cannot be played offline. We are actively working on directly licensing the remainder of our collection so that we can provide all songs offline, but until then certain tracks will not be available. That's why your station might seem different.

In the meantime, if you'd prefer to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline Station list). For now, listeners cannot manually add, delete, or swap out which stations will be available in their Offline Listening, so we periodically refresh the stations that are available offline based on your listening habits.

I hope this helps to explain. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

armandhammer
Underground

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it (many companies ignore their users).

As you can imagine, I’m disappointed that the Offline mode ignores the Fine Tune since I always use only either Deep Cuts or Discovery, and 90% of my listening is done while Offline. This limitation makes my Pandora experience exceptionally frustrating.

I understand the licensing issues but I don’t understand the rationale to implement Fine Tune and have it ignored when Downloading for Offline Listening. I think most users would expect it to work. I can do it manually by adding every song that comes up in Deep Cuts mode to a playlist and then download this playlist (too tedious, not a realistic solution) so it does seem that most songs are available. It’s just a matter of Pandora making it easy.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @armandhammer. I've gone ahead and upvoted that existing feature suggestion as I'd love to see something like that implemented myself.

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

0 Kudos

armandhammer
Underground

Did this feature ever get implemented?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @armandhammer. 👋

Thanks for following up on this thread.

At this time, this suggestion is still a request. To find out more about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

I hope to see this implemented in the future. 🎧

0 Kudos