cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Activation Code

sourhades
Underground

i’ve joined pandora multiple times today in an attempt to receive a device activation code.  no ‘new user’ page is appearing, no pop-up page, nothing at all.  i’m highly confused by this.  advice?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting me know @sourhades.

If you have already signed into the Pandora app on your iPhone 📱with your Pandora account email address and password then you're good to go.

The Device Activation tab is for activating your Pandora account on in-home devices such as Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, etc. These devices generate codes that need to be entered on a separate device for activation.

If you're having trouble signing into your account, let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @sourhades thanks for posting to community. Sorry for all the confusion!

Can you let me know the type of device you're trying to activate?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sourhades
Underground

@TannerPandora an iphone 8 on the latest iOS. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting me know @sourhades.

If you have already signed into the Pandora app on your iPhone 📱with your Pandora account email address and password then you're good to go.

The Device Activation tab is for activating your Pandora account on in-home devices such as Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, etc. These devices generate codes that need to be entered on a separate device for activation.

If you're having trouble signing into your account, let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sourhades
Underground

@TannerPandora tysmmmm i was horribly confused lmao

TannerPandora

HaHa - No worries @sourhades 😄

Hope to see you around community more often! Some pretty great playlist suggestion in our Playlist Swap if you wanted to check them out. 🎧

Happy Thursday! 

Thorsday.gif

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

zanzibarbob7
Local Performer

I am also looking for the code for my Iphone as I just upgraded to Premium.  Do I need it or not.  If so, where to find.  Good luck!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @zanzibarbob7. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread in the iOS section of the community. The short answer is no, you won't need an activation code to listen after upgrading to a new subscription plan.

Once you upgrade, your account should reflect your new subscription status immediately from your device. I reached out to User Support, and your account is officially upgraded to Pandora Premium.

I would recommend refreshing the Pandora app by exiting and then, relaunching it on your iPhone.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

MommyB3ar21
Local Performer

I don't have a activation code for my Pandora

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @MommyB3ar21. 👋

If you're attempting to activate Pandora on your mobile device, you already have simply by signing into the app with your Pandora account email address and password.

If you'd like to activate Pandora on an in-home device, such as a Smart TV or Blu-ray player, you can do so using the following steps:

• Launch the Pandora application
  • Select New User
  • An activation page will appear with a code - leave this code up on the device screen as you continue
  • From the web: Visit pandora.com/[brand of device] and enter the activation code there (e.g. www.pandora.com/samsung)

Alternatively, from a mobile device: Open the Pandora app and go to Settings, then tap Device Activation and enter the code. Then select Continue on the in-home device. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Jefro113
Local Performer

I'm currently listening and applying for the Pandora Plus package on my desktop Mac. I can't figure out where to find a CODE.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Jefro113, Thanks for posting and being a part of the Community.

If you're trying to listen on the Pandora app from your Mac, all you need to do is log in with the email address you registered to Pandora with. There is no activation code needed to listen from your Mac.

Please note that Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device. So you can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and upgraded Pandora accounts.

If you need to create a Pandora account, please go to pandora.com.

1. Click Sign Up in the upper right corner.
  2. Enter the required registration information (be sure to enter your birth year and not your entire birth date).
  3. Review the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
  4. Click Sign Up.

Let me know if you have any trouble. Thanks for listening!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport