cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: How to Listen Offline with Plus

Malger4823
Local Performer

None of this is working for me I just upgraded yesterday. I keep pressing down load and they don’t down load. And switching btwn cellular and WiFi. I’ve tried everything and about to cancel my prescription. Very annoying 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Malger4823. 👋

I moved your post over to the iOS section of the community space. Looks like you're currently upgraded to a Pandora Plus subscription.

Offline Listening:

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions. For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening station. If you're not seeing Thumbprint Radio in your downloaded stations, you'll need to add it to your collection.

++

To listen offline from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

++

Trouble Downloading Offline Tunes:

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how downloading your offline stations go. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Malger4823. 👋

I moved your post over to the iOS section of the community space. Looks like you're currently upgraded to a Pandora Plus subscription.

Offline Listening:

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions. For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening station. If you're not seeing Thumbprint Radio in your downloaded stations, you'll need to add it to your collection.

++

To listen offline from a mobile device:

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

++

Trouble Downloading Offline Tunes:

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how downloading your offline stations go. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Trish1129
Local Performer

How do I get Pandora to provide my three offline selections  ??

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Trish1129. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Offline Listening:

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded. Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.

++

Turning of Offline Mode:

To listen offline from a mobile device, you can use the following steps:

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Kimloucks
Local Performer

How do I download stations for offline listening on my devices from the app? Thanks

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Kimloucks. 👋

Welcome to the Pandora Community! 

I moved your post over to an existing thread around the same topic to keep everything organized as it looks like you're a Plus subscriber: iOS: How to Listen Offline with Plus

Please check out the accepted solution for steps to listen to your stations offline with Plus here.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this. 🎧