cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Offline Listening & How it Works

Local Performer

can someone explain and do you have to download your entire pandora file or can you pick what to download?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: offline listening and how it works

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting to community @thomastra. I took a look at your account and noticed you use an iOS device, so to help keep things organized I've moved your post to our iOS board.

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go. If you'd like steps on how to manual transition into Offline Listening, let me know. 

Let me know if you have any more questions about Offline Listening. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: no activation code

Local Performer

Hi there!

I am not able to obtain an activation code either- the issue is, is that when I attempt to change to  "offline mode", there is a pop up stating that I need an activation code to go off line. I have an iPhone 11. Any suggestions to be able to turn on my 'offline mode"?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: no activation code

Hey there, @rcastine08. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as it's related to your question.

I would recommend checking out @TannerPandora's post here about how offline mode works in this thread.

To listen offline from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

++

Could it be that there isn't enough storage on your iPhone 11? Please keep in mind, Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

I'd also recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

Let me know if this helps! 📲

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos