cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Offline Thumbs on Apple Watch Don't Sync on iPhone

Underground

I listen to my offline Pandora playlists on my Apple Watch every day while jogging. I love being able to leave my phone at home - it's great. I'm having trouble, however, syncing the thumbs from my watch to my online Pandora account. I regularly apply the thumbs up/down while jogging, but these don't carry over to my account. None of the songs I apply a thumbs up to appear on my "Thumbs" list in the app on my phone. When I open my "Running Radio" station, it says "You have not thumbed any tracks for this station," which is definitely not the case. How can I force these to sync?

I am using an Apple Watch 5 and iPhone 10S. Both have the latest software updates.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Thumbs entered offline on Apple Watch not syncing with iPhone

Hey there, @rcs1207. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. Thanks for sharing your experience on the Pandora Community.

Your offline content should automatically sync with your iPhone when your watch is charging and any thumbs you've provided should be recorded.

Could you share more info about how you're listening?

• Do you have your phone with you when you run? Or are you using the standalone Pandora app on your Apple Watch?
  • Also, is the Pandora app on your phone in Offline Mode?
  • Could you check to make sure that you're on Offline Mode on your watch? If not, are listening via cellular?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground

I do not have my phone with me when I run so am adding the thumbs in offline mode on my Apple Watch.

Yes, I am using the standalone Pandora app on my Apple Watch.

The Pandora app on my phone is not in offline mode.

I'm on offline mode on my watch.

I saw this, "Tip: When listening offline from your watch, be sure to use thumbs. Your offline content will automatically sync with your iPhone when your watch is charging and any thumbs you've provided will be recorded." on the Pandora on Apple Watch help page. 

Highlighted

Appreciate sharing those details, @rcs1207.

I'd like to report this to our engineering team as your thumbs aren't syncing. Our User Support team checked your account and were unable to locate any thumb feedback for your Running Radio station.

• Device & Generation: iPhone 10S / Apple Watch Series 5
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Let me know so I can pass this info along. Thanks so much for your help with this!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground
  • Device & Generation: iPhone 10S / Apple Watch Series 5
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • iOS version: 13.4.1
  • Pandora version: 2005.2
  • What version is your Apple Watch on? 6.2.6 (17T620)
Highlighted

Thanks so much for sticking with me on this, @rcs1207

We created a ticket for this issue with our engineering team.

In the meantime, I've shared all of the info you've provided along with your experience with them.

Appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🎧