cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Playlist to Station When Premium Session Ends

tomwillis031365
Local Performer

Pandora switches from the playlist I’m listening to without being prompted to change. I have seen a ton of post about people having this problem and Pandora support simply tries to act like it the end users fault asking us to do a factory restore on our phones. That is just ridiculous. The one common factor in the problem is Pandora! If their people can’t fix this, maybe they need new people! Blaming your customers device is not an answer. Then they say “If you want to continue to work on the problem we will be glad to assist you. If not the we will understand you leaving the Pandora community .” Kind of a smart _ as way of saying we could care less if you leave!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Itsdemondeer. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community. I do see that you've been in touch with someone from our User Support team via email.

Looks like this occurs when you're using a complimentary session of Premium.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

Please keep in mind, playlists are only a feature of Premium. There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

I hope this helps explain! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies

tomwillis031365
Local Performer

Also Alyssapandora keeps saying the same tired **ahem** that doesn’t work. In one post someone asked “can you not give an explanation for this?” Guess what she said! NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH. ZIPPO. Just ignored the hell out of that question. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @tomwillis031365. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. 

I've taken a look at your Pandora account, and I do see that you've unlocked several complimentary sessions of Premium. 

With these free sessions, you're able to listen to on-demand content while being a free or Plus subscriber. Listening to playlists, songs, or albums on-demand is only a feature of Pandora Premium. You can find out more about how these sessions work in this helpful article.

That being said, there's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

Once your session ends, you'll go back to listening to your stations as normal. However, we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

I hope this helps clarify. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Itsdemondeer
Diamond in the Rough

Hello! I’m sorry about the problems occurring! 
But when I play my playlists think it will play my whole list. But instead it will play 2-4 songs and immediately change to auto play. I don’t like this because I listen to my certain songs on there to go to sleep or to work out or study, but when the auto play comes on its gives me music that isn’t even related to my songs on my playlist. How do I fix this?

With my playlists when I try to add a song I like from just searching it up, on the station, or  just randomly liking the song on the auto play, it won’t add unless I take a song out of my playlist or make a new playlist. Rarely it will actually accept the fact I want to add a song but that will only happen in a blue moon. What should I do?

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Itsdemondeer. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community. I do see that you've been in touch with someone from our User Support team via email.

Looks like this occurs when you're using a complimentary session of Premium.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

Please keep in mind, playlists are only a feature of Premium. There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

I hope this helps explain! 🎧

0 Kudos

Itsdemondeer
Diamond in the Rough

Lmao 😂 You ain’t wrong!

0 Kudos

Robertcool
Local Performer

Same think happened to my rap playlist, can you restore it?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Robertcool. 👋

Sorry for any confusion around this. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Playlist to Station When Premium Session Ends

With free and Plus accounts, you have the ability to enable complimentary sessions of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content (songs, albums, playlists). Please keep in mind, playlists are only a feature of Premium. 

That being said, your playlists will still be available to you if you decide to initiate another Premium session or upgrade to a Premium subscription.We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. In the meantime, you can find out more about how Premium Sessions work in this helpful article: Premium Sessions

You can also check out the accepted solution for this thread here.

Hope this info is helpful, and to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

0 Kudos

Sassy1
Local Performer

My thumbs up play list will not play.  Can someone help me?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Sassy1. 👋

Thanks for your post about this. I moved your post over to this existing thread as you're currently upgraded to Plus: Playlist to Station When Premium Session Ends

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station. When your Premium session ends, you'll no longer be able to view your playlists. Playlists are only a feature of Premium.

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

0 Kudos

Noelle08
Local Performer

Troubleshooting didn’t work for me. To answer your question, I am connected to WiFi and Bluetooth when this is happening. I’ll just trying to listen to a custom playlist, then it randomly changes to the last station I listened too, and it’s very annoying. I’m also starting to get frustrated as well. Is there any way to actually solve/fix this inconvenience? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Noelle08. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Playlist to Station When Premium Session Ends

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here.

You can also find out more information about how Premium Sessions work in this article: Premium Sessions

In the meantime, you may be interested in some of this existing feature request: Interact with an Ad Before Your Premium Session Expires

To upvote a request, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

miksche
Local Performer

I have had the same problem, that is why I had canceled my subscription. 

Going to try it again

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @miksche. 👋

Sorry to hear that you had some trouble. 

Looks like you're now subscribed to Premium. With Premium, you should be able to listen to your playlists versus enabling a complimentary Premium session.

If you experience any issues, or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always happy to help! 🎧

0 Kudos

cptcody
Local Performer

Pandora plus. iOS
I have a only one playlist with 36 songs. 
However, every time without a doubt, the playlist stops after 9 songs and reverts back to my last played station. 
I’m not having the same issues that other users have had where it stops playing all together or crashes. No. It just will not play my playlist completely. 

I’ve tried many things. It seems that I’m alone with this problem. I haven’t found another post describing it or a solution. 
Please help

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cptcody I moved your post over to this existing thread as you're currently upgraded to Plus: Playlist to Station When Premium Session Ends

To clarify, playlists are only a feature of Premium. However, it looks like you've been initiating free sessions of Pandora Premium in order to access your customized playlist.

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station. When your Premium session ends, you'll no longer be able to view your playlists.

This would explain why you are transitioned back to one of your stations before the full playlist plays.

You can also check out the accepted solution for this thread here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos