cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playlist to Station When Premium Session Ends

tomwillis031365
Local Performer

Pandora switches from the playlist I’m listening to without being prompted to change. I have seen a ton of post about people having this problem and Pandora support simply tries to act like it the end users fault asking us to do a factory restore on our phones. That is just ridiculous. The one common factor in the problem is Pandora! If their people can’t fix this, maybe they need new people! Blaming your customers device is not an answer. Then they say “If you want to continue to work on the problem we will be glad to assist you. If not the we will understand you leaving the Pandora community .” Kind of a smart _ as way of saying we could care less if you leave!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Itsdemondeer. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community. I do see that you've been in touch with someone from our User Support team via email.

Looks like this occurs when you're using a complimentary session of Premium.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

Please keep in mind, playlists are only a feature of Premium. There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

I hope this helps explain! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

tomwillis031365
Local Performer

Also Alyssapandora keeps saying the same tired **ahem** that doesn’t work. In one post someone asked “can you not give an explanation for this?” Guess what she said! NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH. ZIPPO. Just ignored the hell out of that question. 

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @tomwillis031365. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. 

I've taken a look at your Pandora account, and I do see that you've unlocked several complimentary sessions of Premium. 

With these free sessions, you're able to listen to on-demand content while being a free or Plus subscriber. Listening to playlists, songs, or albums on-demand is only a feature of Pandora Premium. You can find out more about how these sessions work in this helpful article.

That being said, there's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

Once your session ends, you'll go back to listening to your stations as normal. However, we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

I hope this helps clarify. 🎧

Itsdemondeer
Underground

Hello! I’m sorry about the problems occurring! 
But when I play my playlists think it will play my whole list. But instead it will play 2-4 songs and immediately change to auto play. I don’t like this because I listen to my certain songs on there to go to sleep or to work out or study, but when the auto play comes on its gives me music that isn’t even related to my songs on my playlist. How do I fix this?

With my playlists when I try to add a song I like from just searching it up, on the station, or  just randomly liking the song on the auto play, it won’t add unless I take a song out of my playlist or make a new playlist. Rarely it will actually accept the fact I want to add a song but that will only happen in a blue moon. What should I do?

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Itsdemondeer. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community. I do see that you've been in touch with someone from our User Support team via email.

Looks like this occurs when you're using a complimentary session of Premium.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

Please keep in mind, playlists are only a feature of Premium. There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

I hope this helps explain! 🎧

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Itsdemondeer
Underground

Lmao 😂 You ain’t wrong!

0 Kudos