cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Songs Repeat After Playing

Therealdyl_97
Underground

When I try to skip a song it will either repeat the same song or just stop playing any music. Tried restarting my phone as well as removing the app and reinstalling it. Have had issues on and off for a long time. Very frustrating. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (08/11/2021): Hey everyone! 👋

Thanks for your patience while this was worked on. We now believe this issue has been resolved. If you're still experiencing this, please let me know.

If you haven't already, I would also recommend updating to the newest Pandora app version 2107.1.

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Happy listening! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
33 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Therealdyl_97. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Do you receive any error messages when you attempt to skip?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know, and I can report this over to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Carlycanada
Local Performer

This just started happening to me as well. I have had pandora on this phone for at least 3 years and it just started doing this 3 days ago. When I hit skip it repeats the same song and if song ends it will repeat on its own - I press the skip button 10 times before it finally goes to the next song. I have an Iphone 11 with iOS 14.4.2 and I just delete the pandora app off my phone and redownloaded it thinking this would solve the problem. It didn’t. Pandora version is 2501.1. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Carlycanada. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience, and for providing your device details.

I've reported this over to our engineering team. We no have an open ticket to investigate this issue. If you notice anything else, please let me know and I can update our internal ticket with that information. 

We appreciate your patience while we look into this. 🎧

Therealdyl_97
Underground

I have an iPhone X with the most recent iOS update. My carrier is Verizon. It happens regardless of if I am using WiFi or not. In the past when this issue has happened I’ve removed the app and reinstalled, and then it would work again. This time it isn’t helping. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for those additional details, @Therealdyl_97.

I've shared this with our engineering team. 🎧

Therealdyl_97
Underground

Thank you. Will you reach out to me regarding a solution or?? 

Jsfeltner
Underground

So if the allow explicit music setting is on the app works perfectly fine. But if I turn the explicit mode off, that’s where the app dosent want to load. So I play a certain station it works fine but I search a song and play it, it plays fine but when it finishes it acts like it can’t load the next song so it repeats the song that just played. If I spam the skip button about 7 times it goes to another song   and this is only when the explicit setting is turned off. I’ve tried reinstalling but I still have this same problem

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Therealdyl_97 No problem at all - thank you for taking the time to report this and provide those helpful details. All updates will be posted on this thread. As of now, we have opened a ticket with our engineering team with the information you've provided. This is on their radar and they are currently investigating.

We appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jsfeltner. 👋

Thanks for reporting this. Your issue sounds related to this existing thread: iOS: Songs Repeat After Playing

We've created an internal ticket so our engineering team can investigate / fix as other listeners have reported similar experiences. 

Would you mind providing the following information so I can share this with our iOS engineers on that ticket?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

We appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Jsfeltner
Underground

iPhone xs 

carrier verizon

version iOS 14.6 

Pandora version 2051.1

does the same thing connected to WiFi and on data

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @Jsfeltner.

I've shared this with our engineering team. 🎧

Cmpaul
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem. Is there a solution?  This is frustrating 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cmpaul Please run through our suggested troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, please provide the following information so I can share this with our iOS engineers:

• Carrier:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Does this happen when listening to a station, or one of your customized playlists?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

CIP0385
Local Performer

Hello, I am also an iPhone user experiencing this issue over the last month. I upgraded my phone from an iPhone 8 plus to an iPhone 12 Pro, I had this issue on the older phone and the new phone as well.

• Device & Generation: iPhone 12 Pro
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • iOS version: 14.6
  • Pandora version: 2105.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Happens with both
  • Does this happen when listening to a station, or one of your customized playlists? Happens with Stations or if it's on Autoplay from a song I searched and listened to. 
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @CIP0385. 👋

Thanks for following up with this information. 

I've reported this over to our engineering team on your behalf. We have an internal ticket open for this issue. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Therealdyl_97
Underground

Hey again… so I’m not to be charged for this last  month of June, right? I shouldn’t have to pay for a service that doesn’t work, correct? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Therealdyl_97 I completely understand where you're coming from. Looks like you're currently upgraded through Apple. Unfortunately, we do not have access to their billing system in order to issue a refund or manage your subscription directly. 

For more information about requesting a refund from Apple, please check out this article here.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Jojoroy
Local Performer

I’m a pandora premium member and my account keeps repeating the same song over and over again after it’s finished I have to manually pick a new song every time how can I fix that ??

0 Kudos

AIR_HOZA
Local Performer

My auto play doesn’t work. Keeps replaying the same song over and over. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos