cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Siri No Longer Finding Stations with HomePod

T0MWH0
Underground

I’ve been loving the recent integration with HomePod and Siri. (A nice touch is that Siri plays the station in the last Mode it was played on.)

As of the last couple weeks, though, stations that I could previously ask Siri to play on Pandora are garnering this response from her: “I can’t locate that on Pandora.” But it’s there, and I’m looking at it. An example station that she once could access with no issue, but now can’t play, is “Screamo Radio”.

Has anyone else been seeing this? Is this a known issue?

Thanks all!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
25 Replies

mjh5
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa,

Yes Pandora was our primary provider and we never had to repeat, "on Pandora."  So that isn't the problem.  It is that with Pandora on the HomePod  Siri no longer is able to go to any FM station we request.  As soon as we delete Pandora from the HP it will go to any FM station we request.  So, now Pandora is deleted.  Can you refer this to the engineers?   At least one other person online has indicated the same problem.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mjh5! I've been talking with our engineering team about this. 

To clarify, if Pandora is set as the default service on HomePod, Siri will direct those requests to Pandora Radio. 

If you want a non-default provider (TuneIn/ iHeart Radio) to respond, you should explicitly request which provider, e.g. "Hey Siri, play WQXR FM on TuneIn."

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mjh5
Local Performer

I have tried your suggestion and unfortunately it still defaults to Pandora's FM 84 station.  Please pass that along to the engineers.

Thanks

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mjh5 Thank you for that info. We've shared this with our engineers for further review. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

mjh5
Local Performer

Thank you.  I will look forward to their reply.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mjh5 We've also reached to Apple to help further investigate this. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos