cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 6/28/21 - Siri Doesn't Work to Play Pandora On Locked Phone

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 6/23/21: Thank you everyone for posting your experience! Our engineering team is currently investigating this issue and are working on a fix.

If you are experiencing this and would like to be added to our ticket, please include the following information in your post:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 8, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

I'll continue to post updates in this thread as they are made available to me. 

Thank you all for your continued patience in the meantime. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! 👋

Closing out this thread as this issue was resolved with Pandora App version 2106.1 on June 28th, 2021.

If you run into a similar issues in the future, please create a new post. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

Flascni
Underground

Recently, when my iPhone 11 is locked and I try to use Siri to open Pandora and play a station, it says I need to unlock my phone first.  I used to be able to use Siri to play Pandora even when the phone was locked, and I haven’t changed any settings.  Any ideas on how to get Siri to play Pandora without having to unlock my phone? FYI, I can use Siri to play Apple Music and Spotify with my phone locked.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Itsdemondeer
Diamond in the Rough

Hello @Flascni! Thank you for posting! 
So this probably changed the last time you updated your phone manually. If not the phone automatically updated. If not then it must of been a little glitch when your phone was locked and you could play music. I remember, when your phones locked, all access to the apps or home page is only allowed by typing the code. So I just need you to tell me your phones information and the last time you updated it manually or automatically. Thank you! Have a nice day!

-Demon Deer

٩( 'ω' )و

0 Kudos

Flascni
Underground

It must be an issue with a Pandora update because I can use Siri to play Spotify and Apple Music with my iphone 11 locked.  I’m not sure why Pandora would take away that very useful function 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Flascni. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. 

Could you provide the following?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Also, if possible, could you share a screenshot of your Settings > Siri and Search?

Let me know. 🎧

Flascni
Underground

Carrier: verizon

ios version: 14.6

pandora version: 2105.1

I don’t have permission to upload images, but allow Siri when locked is turned on

XFlutterzZX
Underground

I am also having this issue, I haven’t updated my phone in a month or two. Its an iPhone 11. Up until the first I was able to play stations and songs using Siri without having to unlock my iPhone. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @XFlutterzZX. 👋

Could you provide the following details? 

• Carrier:

++

@Flascni Thanks for sharing that info, and for letting me know about this. I'll be reporting the feedback on this thread to our engineering team so they can investigate further. 🎧

Flascni
Underground

Also, when I go to settings, Pandora, Siri & search, all of the options are turned on 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Flascni Thanks for confirming. I've gone ahead and added that additional info on the new internal ticket we created for this issue. I do see that you've also contacted us via email about this. Thanks again for reporting. 👍

Bhskeeper1988
Underground

Having the same issue as well. I have an iPhone 12 iOS 14.6 Verizon for a carrier. All tabs turned on and for the past few days have not been able to use Siri to do anything on Pandora when the phone is locked. And I have premium.

I have also already spoke with apple. The problem is not on their end.

Pandora version 2105.1

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience on the Community, @Bhskeeper1988.

I've gone ahead and passed your feedback along to the engineers who are currently looking into this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

sw123
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, started around the beginning of June. 

Carrier: 
T-Mobile

iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)14.6

Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)2105.1

I understand it is being worked. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sw123 I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are working on this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

PCarzz
Local Performer

I am also having the same issue and understand it is being worked on.

Carrier: AT&T

iOS version: 14.6 

Pandora version : 2105.1

Thanks

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PCarzz Thank you for providing us with that information.

I will pass your feedback along to the engineers who are looking into this as well.

Thanks for your patience!

RBLA
Local Performer

Me too! Seems like it’s been happening for about a month…? It’s driving me batty. I have tried all the ‘on/off’, ‘disable/restart/re-enable’, hard reset, etc. Tried creating new shortcuts. Siri keeps asking ‘do you want to play it using Pandora?’ (Which is annoying on its own - of course I do, that is why I asked!) But then, when I say ‘yes’, I get ‘you’ll have to unlock your iPhone first’. Please fix! Thank you. 

iPhone XR, iOS 14.6

Verizon 

Pandora 2105.1

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @RBLA. 👋

I completely understand your frustration. 

Our engineering team is aware of this and are investigating. In the meantime, I've shared your feedback and device details with them on an internal ticket we have open for this issue. 

Thanks for your patience and for reporting this! 🎧

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! 👋

Closing out this thread as this issue was resolved with Pandora App version 2106.1 on June 28th, 2021.

If you run into a similar issues in the future, please create a new post. 🎧

0 Kudos