cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Stations Won't Download on Plus

Hurricain29
Local Performer

I have premium plus. Not understanding what  I need to do for the three stations.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @CameraGuy2045. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced.

Offline Stations with Plus:

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. If you're not seeing Thumbprint Radio in your downloaded stations, you'll need to add it to your collection.

++

Offline Troubleshooting:

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

• Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  • Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  • Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  • Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

• Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  • Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this post.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

46 Replies

HunterNoel
Local Performer

I have a new iphone11 pro fully updated. I’ve been a pandora subscriber  for over 5 years. Lately my offline mode simply doesn’t work and that’s the only reason I pay. Before it would show my stations complete with an icon but wouldn’t play music as if it never downloaded. 
I’ve gone through other steps of undownloading and redownloading and I’m still faced with the same issue that my offline stations will not download and save to my phone. Cellular data is even turned on. I even deleted my stations to try to redownload them. Now it just says I have stations but they aren’t done downloading and it’s been like this for weeks. It won’t even let me into offline mode now because it says  download isn’t complete. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @HunterNoel. 👋

It sounds like you've tried out the troubleshooting steps for offline issues here

Something to note, Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

++

In the meantime, I'd like to share your experience with our engineering team.

Could you share the following details?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 11 Pro
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

HunterNoel
Local Performer

I still have over 170gb available so I’ll try running the app in the foreground to see if anything downloads 

iPhone 11 pro

carrier: Verizon 

iOS: 13.6

pandora version 2007.1

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HunterNoel Thanks for the follow up. I'm reporting this to our engineering team.

In the meantime, there is a new Pandora app version available for iOS devices - 2007.2. It may be helpful to update the app too. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

• Open the App Store application.
  • Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  • Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Let me know how the downloading goes while the app is in the foreground. 📲

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Hurricain29. 👋

Looks like you're currently subscribed to Pandora Plus. 

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. If you're not seeing Thumbprint Radio in your downloaded stations, you'll need to add it to your collection.

++

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

If this isn't storage related, let's try disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it. This will actually reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

Let me know how it goes. 📲

0 Kudos

CameraGuy2045
Local Performer

Hey y’all, (sorry I never know how to start these things 😂) I’m just curious about an issue I’ve encountered using Pandora Plus on iOS; it’s probably more account related than OS specific, but I’m still only getting three offline stations and not 4. Did the plan revert back to 3 offline stations? If it’s any help, my family member who also has her own Pandora Plus account, is payed through Apple (AppStore), just like mine, and also only has 3 offline stations.

Just peculiar; thank you all; have a good one!

-Isaac

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @CameraGuy2045. 👋

Offline Stations with Plus:

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. If you're not seeing Thumbprint Radio in your downloaded stations, you'll need to add it to your collection.

++

Offline Troubleshooting:

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

• Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  • Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

• Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  • Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this post.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

CameraGuy2045
Local Performer

Hey @AlyssaPandora , finding and adding the Thumbprint radio worked and resolved the issue!

Thank you for the quick and helpful response!

Absolutely loving Pandora Plus; have a great rest of your day and week!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! So glad to hear it, @CameraGuy2045. 👍

Hope to see you around the community space more often. Happy listening! 🎶

0 Kudos

Semanning
Local Performer

I have Pandora Plus and only 3 stations (including thumbprint) is downloading and not 4. I’ve reloaded the app. I’ve restarted my phone. I’ve turned the offline stations off and on to redownload on WiFi and data. I have plenty of storage, and it still won’t download 4 stations????

0 Kudos

Staishaknight
Local Performer

I’ve tried all these things and still have no song’s available offline. When I select offline mode, it states it needs to download. No it’s not storage, I have plenty. I’ve deleted the app and downloaded it again... any solutions 

TannerPandora

Hi @Staishaknight! Thanks for posting. 

Can you do me a favor and take a screenshot of the Offline tab in Settings. 

To find the Offline tab: Tap on Profile > The Settings Gear on the top right > Offline. 

It should look like this: 

IMG_1346.PNG

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Semanning! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Pandora Plus Offline Stations

It looks like you may have emailed our User Support team as well. To avoid any confusion and redundant steps, please be sure to follow up directly with them by replying to their email. 

Thanks for being part of community. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jrwheeler
Local Performer

When I try to turn on my offline mode I keep getting a pop up window that says that my offline stations are not downloaded and that offline will be available after download.  Anyone have any idea how to get it to finish downloading?  I have been trying for a few days now.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jrwheeler I moved your post over to this existing thread: Pandora Plus Offline Stations

Thanks for working with me on this! 🤝

0 Kudos

Bubbadoes
Local Performer

So I had 10 offline stations been bulging for years. 
I had to uninstall and reinstall app. 
I have since lost all but 3 stations how do I get them back ?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Bubbadoes. 👋

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Stations Won't Download on Plus

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here. You should be able to re-download your offline tunes after uninstalling / reinstalling.

• If this isn't storage related, let's try disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it.
  • This will actually reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

2004connieo
Local Performer

I have pandora plus, and when something is “downloading“ it only actually shows the rotating green arrows and never actually downloads. I have tried signing in and out of the app, deleting it and redownloading it, and I have the latest version of the app, and nothing is solving the issue. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @2004connieo. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing iOS thread: Stations Won't Download on Plus

I would recommend checking out the accepted solution for this thread here.

Also, when you sign back into the app, are you keeping it in the foreground during the download process?

++

If this isn't a storage related issue, I would like to report this issue to our engineers on your behalf.

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos