cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Stops Playing after 8-10 Songs

IROCZman15
Underground

So this has happened on and off for over a year. Despite closing the program out and even restarting the entire phone. Is this something that Pandora is doing on purpose because I only want to have the free version and I don't pay?  The phone is an iPhone 7 that is not overworked or bogged down with extra junk apps/media. I am literally in the same room with my router/modem and a Pandora playlist will play a bunch of songs and then just STOP after one of the songs finishes. It will not play or skip songs, none of the buttons work. I close the program out and reload it,  no work.  I have to restart the phone to refresh Pandora to get it to start playing music again, and typically it will make it about 10 or so songs more before doing this again.  Is it pandora's way of limiting my songs because I am free and they want my to pay?

advice????

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @IROCZman15. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. You should be able to listen without any issues on your iOS device - this isn't normal or intended behavior regardless of your subscription level. In the meantime,  I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps on your iPhone 7.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. 

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @IROCZman15. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. You should be able to listen without any issues on your iOS device - this isn't normal or intended behavior regardless of your subscription level. In the meantime,  I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps on your iPhone 7.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. 

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

IROCZman15
Underground

thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate it.

I deleted/removed the app from my phone and just re-downloaded it from the app store.  I logged in and as you said, all my stations are there. Thanks!   I will try using the app over the next few days to see if the odd behavior from before continues.  If not, perhaps that fixed it; if so, I will update you with a reply.  Thanks again!  Gotta say, that was some speedy and helpful customer support! Way to go!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @IROCZman15. Appreciate the kind words.

Definitely keep me updated on this thread if you notice anything else over the next couple of days.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos

IROCZman15
Underground

so far it has been working properly. It has yet to pause, stall, or cause me to reload the app or even shut off the phone. So, deleting the app and reinstalling it seems to be the fix.  thanks Alyssa

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! Glad to hear it, @IROCZman15. 👍

0 Kudos

anothermountain
Underground

This just happened to me again.

This morning I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

The phone is plugged in, on wifi, latest version of the app, app is online.

It stopped after playing 8 songs on my thumbs up.  The ninth song did not play.  The status was playing (could press pause), but the counter was at 0 seconds and not moving.  No sound.  to get it to play i had to pause and play.

0 Kudos

SkyFive
Local Performer

I have multiple lock-up's a week, almost daily. What's all this jazz about 'uninstall' 'reboot' 're-install' 'shut down, restart'? The juice isn't worth the squeeze. This is why I canceled my subscription after only one month.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @SkyFive. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback around this. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening when you experience lock-ups during your listening sessions. This will be helpful in case we need to report this over to our engineering team.

While I understand your hesitation, but uninstalling and reinstalling will ensure that you're using the latest version of our app, which may include a fix for your issue. You can find the standard troubleshooting steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

++

If your issue persists after running through those steps, I can definitely share this with our engineering team once I have more details about your iOS device.

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

ghjm
Local Performer

I am also having this issue.  I am on an 8th Gen iPad, iOS 14.6, T-Mobile, Pandora version 2106.1.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Pandora app, which has not resolved the issue.  I normally stay on Wi-Fi, but I have tried disconnecting the Wi-Fi and using mobile data, and the problem has happened in that configuration as well.

My symptoms are as reported - blue Now Playing screen with no album image, zero time, and no progress to another song.  The button bar (thumb - replay - pause - skip - thumb) is unresponsive.  However, in my case, swiping the app away from the double-click card view and then reopening it will solve the problem (until it happens again) - I do not have to restart the whole device.

0 Kudos

tarynq11
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I deleted the app and redownloaded it and it’s still doing the same thing.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @tarynq11. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Does this happen when you're in a Premium Access session? Or, when you're listening normally?

Would you mind providing the following info?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. I appreciate your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos