cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to Resume Play with Bluetooth AirPods/Lockscreen

Local Performer

Having allot of problems with pandora, if I am using my AirPods or any other Bluetooth headphone (haven’t tried wired). If I pull a headphone out it pauses the music (expected). But sometimes when I put my AirPod back in it’ll start playing but no audio. The timer is moving but nothing is playing. I have to kill pandora and relaunch it. Know it’s just a pandora issue as Spotify and music works fine.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unable to Resume Play with Bluetooth AirPods/Lockscreen

Local Performer

I was able to resolve the issue by following these steps although I think the last one was the only one that really mattered. Note: I could hear phone calls and other apps on my airpods just fine. This was ONLY an issue when I'm trying to hear Pandora. It's not even a matter of just restarting after taking one out, it's an issue hearing anything at all on Pandora.

1. Removed both Pandora and Airpods from my iPhone

2. Reinstalled Pandora App and re-set up the airpods on Bluetooth

3. Put the airpods in my ears, went to Pandora on my phone and clicked play. I could see it was playing despite being unable to hear anything. I clicked the button on the bottom right of the Pandora app that looks like an envelope or an up arrow with a box around it. I saw that it showed my airpods were selected. I turned up the volume (it was at zero). It worked. D'oh! I don't know how it got turned down to zero originally and I never realized that Pandora volume wasn't handled via my turning up/down the volume using my iPhone buttons, but I hope this is a permanent solution to my issue and it may help others.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth AirPods

Hi @Ferrarienzov thanks for posting to community!

Can you ensure you're on the latest version of Pandora, 2001.1. This latest release includes some fixes that may help with the playback on your bluetooth headphones. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground

I've encountered this many times, including today on version 2004.1-12 with a new pair of AirPod Pros.

It's very hard to reproduce but this has happened to me while using my original AirPods. It typically  happens to me when pausing music or, as noted by @Ferrarienzov, removing an AirPod from your ear.

Tapping or clicking (depending on which AirPods are in use) will restart playback but without sound. I do not experience this with other commonly used audio apps (Spotify, Podcasts, Apple Music).

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for posting your feedback @4nthony. I use to experience this, but I haven't for awhile. 

I'd like to report this to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground

@TannerPandora ,

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS version 13.4.1.

Cheers!

Highlighted

@4nthony @Ferrarienzov Some changes have been made to address the restart of playback using the bluetooth controls / lock screen.

Are you still having trouble with this issue?

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

I’m having the same issue and I have an iPhone 11, brand new Apple AirPod pros and everything is up to date. Newest pandora app and software is updated too

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, @Goldsteinrk. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue as well.

I've shared your experience and account info with our engineering team. They are still investigating / working on a fix for this.

Appreciate your patience during this process! 🎧

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

Same exact problem as 4nthony

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for letting us know @Pkray! Sorry for any inconvenience, I know how frustrating it can be, I've been experience this exact same thing. 

I've noted your info on our ticket. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🎧

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Diamond in the Rough

I'm still having this issue as well. Everything is the latest update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey there, @ktorster. 👋

We have a ticket open for this issue, and our engineering team is working on it. 

I'll be sure to share your experience with them. Thanks for your patience while they continue to work on this!

0 Kudos