cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Unable to Resume Play with Bluetooth AirPods/Lockscreen

Diamond in the Rough

It looks like it works just fine if the app is open but seems have this issue when the phone is locked. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

I was able to resolve the issue by following these steps although I think the last one was the only one that really mattered. Note: I could hear phone calls and other apps on my airpods just fine. This was ONLY an issue when I'm trying to hear Pandora. It's not even a matter of just restarting after taking one out, it's an issue hearing anything at all on Pandora.

1. Removed both Pandora and Airpods from my iPhone

2. Reinstalled Pandora App and re-set up the airpods on Bluetooth

3. Put the airpods in my ears, went to Pandora on my phone and clicked play. I could see it was playing despite being unable to hear anything. I clicked the button on the bottom right of the Pandora app that looks like an envelope or an up arrow with a box around it. I saw that it showed my airpods were selected. I turned up the volume (it was at zero). It worked. D'oh! I don't know how it got turned down to zero originally and I never realized that Pandora volume wasn't handled via my turning up/down the volume using my iPhone buttons, but I hope this is a permanent solution to my issue and it may help others.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks so much for sharing this, @ssv. Glad to hear that you were able to get back to listening without any issues.

I marked your post as the solution for this thread.

Let us know if anything else pops up! 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth AirPods

Underground

Same problem as Pkray and 4nthony, but with Apple Powerbeats Pro on Iphone X. Latest versions of everything.

Of note, I do not have this problem with another set of bluetooth headphones. Maybe an issue with the Apple H1 chip?

Also, how can I change my user id on Pandora Community? Doesn't seem to be a place to do it on the site.

JP
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@joaquinpedrin Nice to see you around the community. 😁

Unable to Resume Play with Apple Powerbeats Pro/Lockscreen:

It looks like @ssv provided some tips that helped resolve this issue for them. Can you please try running through those steps to see if that resolves the issue for you as well?

Let me know how it goes. 

Changing your profile name:

I'll send you a private message for more information around this, but we do not guarantee that your username will be changed.

Thanks for your patience!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground

As far as Apple Powerbeats Pros are concerned, turning off Voice Assistant in settings solved the problem. 

JP
Highlighted

@joaquinpedrin Thanks so much for sharing this, and for your follow up.

Hope you're enjoying the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground

Update: this solution no longer works. Back to same behavior of not being able to un-pause from Apple Powerbeats Pro. Same symptoms as others, blip of music after pressing button on earpod, then nothing. Only happens if phone is locked.

Of note, behavior does not occur in my other music apps; bandcamp, soundcloud.  

iPhone XS/Powerbeats Pro/latest software

JP
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the follow up, @joaquinpedrin.

I've shared this on the internal ticket we have open for this issue. Appreciate you taking the time to provide those helpful details.

Thanks for your patience while our engineering team investigates. 🎧

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground

Update #2: Works now! Reinstalled Pandora app on my iphone. I was running latest version, but the reinstall seems to have done the trick, at least for now (fingers crossed). 

iPhone XS/Powerbeats Pro/latest software

JP
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@joaquinpedrin Happy to hear that.

Enjoy the music! 😎🎶

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

Exact same problem as the OP. but now i know that the issue is that upon the airpods pausing the music in Pandora, it brings the volume to zero—so when you go to play, it’s at zero, when thats not expected behavior. 

0 Kudos