cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to Listen in Offline Mode

Panuser
Local Performer

I can't listen to offline mode.  My subscription is up to date I'm on version 1911.1 when I lose my internet it says internet connection not found.  The when I do have connection. It won't let me turn on offline listening it says it will once it is done downloading nothing downloads 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Panuser thanks for posting to community! 

Let's try a few troubleshooting steps for offline listening.

I'd like to start by disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora open and in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

Let me know how it goes and if you're still having trouble with offline listening. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Panuser thanks for posting to community! 

Let's try a few troubleshooting steps for offline listening.

I'd like to start by disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora open and in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

Let me know how it goes and if you're still having trouble with offline listening. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JMGaynor
Local Performer

If you dont have wifi and you dont want to download music using data doesn’t this process defeat that purpose. If i download the music its because i do not want to use my data. So now i have to use my data every time so i can download music I already downloaded? 

i may cancel my subscription if this is the way things will be from now on. I pay so i can download music and not need to use my data to stream. If every time i want to listen to my pre downloaded music i have to use my data to re download the music im out. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JMGaynor I definitely understand your frustration with all of this.

To clarify, does your downloaded content disappear from your collection every time you attempt to stream Pandora in Offline Mode?

If so, is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, please try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Rebecca_Kostya
Local Performer

I have been a Pandora Premium user for many years, and used to love the offline listening feature, because of the many places I go without cell coverage as well as the ability to play my downloaded music when I wanted to cut back on my data usage. However, something has changed and it is a deal-breaker for me. The only way I can get my downloaded content to play nowadays is if I am completely outside of a service area, or else I have to turn off the cellular data for my whole phone, which isn’t always a convenient option. I hope there is a way to resolve this, but I can’t handle it if this is the new “normal” for Premium users. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rebecca_Kostya Running through our offline troubleshooting steps may resolve this. 

If not, could you please tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Is there an error message when you attempt to stream Pandora in Offline Mode? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what what happens when you attempt to stream Pandora in Offline Mode?

Thanks for all your help with this! 

0 Kudos

johnhuganir
Local Performer

Off line doesn’t play stations

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @johnhuganir, thanks for posting to community. I moved your message over to an existing thread on this. 

Would you mind trying the troubleshooting steps found here in the accepted solution. They may help to resolve this.

If you're still having trouble after trying the steps, could you please tell me a bit more about what is happening?

If you're able can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what what happens when you attempt to stream Pandora in Offline Mode?

Let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

hifashion
Local Performer

Same with me.  I've been with Pandora for so many years I lost track.  Something has definitely changed.  I go out of coverage constantly riding bikes etc and Pandora will tell me I'm offline and can't connect and the only option is to cancel or try again.  Obviously it isnt going to work if I "try again" because I still don't have service.  Devs need to actually leave the cubicle and go test this out for themselves.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @hifashion, thanks for posting to community. Sorry for any trouble with Offline Listening. 

Just to clarify, your phone will lose cellular connection, Pandora will attempt to transition into Offline Mode, however it won't start a station in offline mode and instead a message pops up asking for you to try again?

Could you do me a favor and please send over a screenshot the next time you see this message pop up.

In the meantime, I've asked that trace be enabled on your account so that we can better understand what is happening. 

Thanks for the help. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

anothermountain
Underground

Pandora does not smoothly transition to downloaded music when it loses service, and you can't tell if it is playing downloaded music or not.  I am surprised at how often it should be playing a downloaded song and its playing a streaming song!  Why stream a station I've downloaded?  

Requests:

1) always prefer to play the downloaded version of the song instead of the streamed version

2) add an indicator if pandora is streaming or playing downloaded content

0 Kudos

Merly
Local Performer

I was able to listened to my music while driving to places where there is no wifi or flying while my phone is on airplane mode but lately I had to listen to the radio while driving where no internet are available. I restarted/reboot my device, still nothing. I upgrade my account so that I don't have to listen to commercials AND be able to listen to my music where ever I'm at, but lately I AM NOT ABLE TO DO. Please help...

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Merly I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unable to listen to Pandora in Offline Mode

Would you mind trying the troubleshooting steps found here in the accepted solution. They may help to resolve this.

If you're still having trouble after trying the steps, could you please tell me a bit more about what is happening?

If you're able can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what what happens when you attempt to stream Pandora in Offline Mode?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Happyboyrob
Underground

Download offline does not wok. I've Uninstalled, reinstall. I followed the steps to remove stations and reset and left Pandora as the front app. Actually turned all other apps off. Nothing. I have plenty of storage available. What is next?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Happyboyrob Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Is the issue that you are unable to get any stations to download for Offline Mode?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Happyboyrob
Underground
There's no error code. It just will not download. I've let it go for a half hour consistently keeping the app open and nothing. It should download but the line that should show up showing the progress of the download does not show up or start. The screens hot shows this.  

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Happyboyrob Can you please try sending that screenshot once more?

It doesn't look like it came through on our end.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks again!

Happyboyrob
Underground

There's no option to attach a pic or document. Just a URL. Anyway, there is nothing to show. The offline stations is on (blue) download over cellular is blue. In-between it says "Pandora will store a few if your..."  The line that shows downloads 1 of 4 and so on never appears. If you want the pic, send me an email that allows me to send the download. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Happyboyrob. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I understand how frustrating this can be when you trying to listen to your tunes offline.

You can post a photo or attachment after opening the community link. To clarify, you won't be able to attach to the email and it post here. You'd need to visit the actual thread / post in order to complete that action. 

Here's a screenshot of where to find it: 

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 10.11.41 AM.png

++

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for sticking with us on this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Happyboyrob
Underground

So it literally says I do not have permission to upload images. When I select the camera, I get source, image description, dimensions and (x). There's nothing for me to upload from my computer or phone. For example a button that says attach. So if you really need the image that I have you need to give me another source to send it. Or even better, use the information that I have already texted, read it and extrapolate the information and come up with a resolution. My next option is to discontinue offline mode, since I cannot use it and save me 5 dollars. The commercials never bothered me. 

0 Kudos