cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Volume Booster

Cricketziggy
Local Performer

I I am nearly deaf and I need volume booster there are some apps which can boost the volume of files but I can't find any that will boost the volume that's coming directly from Pandora is there anyway that anyone else that I can bring the volume of Pandora for my iPhone without this I probably won't be able to keep my subscription any advice would be helpful

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Cricketziggy. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Unfortunately, we do not offer a separate volume booster for Pandora. The volume is controlled by using the volume buttons on the side of your iOS device.

We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast. As a result, some songs sound louder (or lower) than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing.

If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

If you'd like to see a volume booster on Pandora, I would recommend creating a feature request here.

If you do use hearing aids with bluetooth capabilities, you may be able to connect your phone to them. Feel free to let me know and I can help with that.

I hope this information is helpful. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Cricketziggy. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Unfortunately, we do not offer a separate volume booster for Pandora. The volume is controlled by using the volume buttons on the side of your iOS device.

We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast. As a result, some songs sound louder (or lower) than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing.

If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

If you'd like to see a volume booster on Pandora, I would recommend creating a feature request here.

If you do use hearing aids with bluetooth capabilities, you may be able to connect your phone to them. Feel free to let me know and I can help with that.

I hope this information is helpful. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

jamieturnerr
Local Performer

You  can get the Volume Booster off the appstore and it works

Axen
Local Performer

Which volume booster and does it cost a lot 

Booshcoco2007
Local Performer

just use a BlueTooth speaker bro

0 Kudos

Itsdemondeer
Diamond in the Rough

@Booshcoco2007, I understand your trying to help, but please be kinder. My mother was slightly deaf and she explained to me that it’s better hearing with headphones on but not with speakers. It’s like a car window. When some ones speaking you roll down the window (like the headphones). But when the window is rolled up the voice is muffled (like the speakers). Next time, please be kinder.

-Demon Deer

٩( 'ω' )و

trjonas
Opening Act

I have this same question! No one who answered has addressed it yet. Axen and I are both looking for a volume booster app separate from Pandora that works with Pandora.

I've downloaded 12 volume booster apps on my iPhone and not one of them work with Pandora - they only work with Apple Music or songs I have downloaded myself onto my iPhone. Where they list the "music services" they work with, Pandora is never one of them.

Does anyone know of a volume booster app that does work with Pandora?

Thank you!

0 Kudos