cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Alarm Clock Feature Stopped Working

JoshBranJones
Opening Act

At first I thought I was losing my marbles, but I've now verified after several nights in a row that my Pandora Alarm has stopped working right.

I've been using this alarm for years. I follow all the steps; connected to wi-fi, plugged in to a power source, turn on Alarm, and leave the alarm clock screen up & unlocked.
And everything appears to work fine. Even for an hour or so.

But by the time I'm finally supposed wake up, many hours later, the alarm doesn't go off. I groggily look at the phone screen, and Pandora is just sitting paused on whatever the last song I was listening to. The alarm clock screen isn't even up anymore.

Again I've been using Pandora's alarm for years. And my alarm has only been noticeably having this issue recently, for about a week.
I've already tried deleting and re-downloading the app. Can anyone fix this?
Don't want to start oversleeping haha

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

JoshBranJones
Opening Act

Good morning--- UPDATE:

While it turns out the the alarm clock continues to ... minimize(?) itself, and while Pandora's player opens up instead, because the alarm is still "on" in the background, the alarm will begin to play at the assigned time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @JoshBranJones. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Sounds like you've already run through the standard troubleshooting here: iOS Troubleshooting

I can share this information with our team. Would you mind providing the requested info below?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Appreciate your help with this. 🤝

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

JoshBranJones
Opening Act
  • Device & Generation: iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
  • Carrier: Metro by T-Mobile
  • iOS version: iOS 14.7.1
  • Pandora version: Version 2108.1
  • I am connected to Wi-Fi and cellular data.

Just noticed that iOS 14.8 is available!
Should I go ahead and install it @AlyssaPandora? Or should I hold off for you guys?

Please let me know anything I can do to assist. Thank you.

AlyssaPandora

@JoshBranJones Thanks for sending over your device details. I've added this additional information to the internal ticket I created with our engineering team.

Should you update to any newly released iOS version, this is completely at your own discretion. In the meantime, you can find out more information about iOS 14.8 here. 🎧

JoshBranJones
Opening Act

@AlyssaPandora Alright, I'm going to update to iOS 14.8 on the off chance that it smoothes things over.

UPDATE: I have updated to iOS 14.8. It did not smooth things over. The alarm screen still goes away after an hour or two.

Another helpful note:
When Pandora goes back to sitting paused on the song I was last listening to (instead of staying on the alarm clock screen like it should've), when I minimize it (via the small " v " arrow up on top left corner of the screen) the alarm clock screen is revealed again!

Something just brings the regular music player back out on top of the alarm clock screen after a few hours... for some unknown reason.......

0 Kudos

JoshBranJones
Opening Act

Good morning--- UPDATE:

While it turns out the the alarm clock continues to ... minimize(?) itself, and while Pandora's player opens up instead, because the alarm is still "on" in the background, the alarm will begin to play at the assigned time.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi @JoshBranJones. 👋

Thank you for all of your helpful notes and updates. I've added this information to the internal ticket I mentioned. We appreciate you providing all of these details throughout this process. 🎧

Brewpaul1
Local Performer

Any updates on this issue?  I love the alarm feature, but am concerned about screen “burn in” when it indiscriminately changes from the dimmed alarm screen to the super bright “Now Playing” screen and sits like that for hours.

thx

0 Kudos