cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Control Pandora on Alexa from iPhone

Christalta
Local Performer

Does anyone know a way to control Pandora from your phone when its streaming through Alexa? It’s simple and convenient to do this with Spotify, but I also want to be able to do this with my Pandora stations…

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ethantcarter. 👋

It could be. I would try repairing your Echo device with your iPhone again to see if this helps / refreshes the connection.

• To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."
  • Once you've done so, refer to the owner's manual for your device for how to reconnect to your phone.
  • Then, try using the AirPlay feature again.

++

An alternative is linking Pandora with your Alexa device.

Here's how to set up Pandora on Amazon Alexa on a mobile device:

1. Tap Profile > Settings (the gear icon in the top right) > Link with Alexa.
  2. When prompted to listen with Alexa, select Connect Now.
  3. You'll be taken to the Alexa app to select Link and to enable the Pandora skill. (If you do not have the Alexa app installed you will need to enter your Amazon account login and password first).
  4. Finish by selecting Got it!
  5. Return to the Music settings to set Pandora as your Default Music Library and Default Station.

You can find out more info here (along with screenshots): Pandora + Alexa

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Christalta. 👋

Yes, I like to control Pandora from the app when using my Amazon Tap speaker. If your Amazon device is connected via Bluetooth to your iPhone you can use AirPlay to play your tunes. From here, you can easily control what's being played from your iPhone.

Here are screenshots below of how to do this:

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 9.02.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 9.02.49 AM.png

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

ethantcarter
Local Performer

Interesting. I only see my Samsung TVs available via Airplay. I have an older Echo. Could this be why it doesn’t show?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ethantcarter. 👋

It could be. I would try repairing your Echo device with your iPhone again to see if this helps / refreshes the connection.

• To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."
  • Once you've done so, refer to the owner's manual for your device for how to reconnect to your phone.
  • Then, try using the AirPlay feature again.

++

An alternative is linking Pandora with your Alexa device.

Here's how to set up Pandora on Amazon Alexa on a mobile device:

1. Tap Profile > Settings (the gear icon in the top right) > Link with Alexa.
  2. When prompted to listen with Alexa, select Connect Now.
  3. You'll be taken to the Alexa app to select Link and to enable the Pandora skill. (If you do not have the Alexa app installed you will need to enter your Amazon account login and password first).
  4. Finish by selecting Got it!
  5. Return to the Music settings to set Pandora as your Default Music Library and Default Station.

You can find out more info here (along with screenshots): Pandora + Alexa

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

ethantcarter
Local Performer

My Alexa app is already paired with Pandora but I prefer to manipulate Pandora via my phone.

Your first suggestion for pairing the Echo with my iPhone's Bluetooth fixed the issue. It's odd that the Pandora iOS app doesn't require pairing to my Samsung TVs, they just show in the list.

In any case, thank you for resolving my issue and so quickly! It is much appreciated!!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @ethantcarter

It sounds like the connection needed to be refreshed between those devices. If you notice anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know. In the meantime, enjoy the tunes! 🎧

0 Kudos

SmashbrothaX
Local Performer

The issue is I don't want to actually connect my phone to my Echo Dot via Bluetooth for this to work.  I currently have a speaker set which consists of an Echo Dot and an Echo Sub which I've named "Living Room".  With the Spotify app, I'm able to easily select "living room" for the sound output.  I don't have this option in the Pandora app - my only options for AirPlay are Samsung TVs.  How do I output my Pandora to the  "living room" speaker set via the app

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @SmashbrothaX 

Just for confirmation, have you linked Pandora to your Alexa app already?

If so, please set Pandora to be your default music and podcast service on your Alexa Device using the Amazon Alexa app.

• Open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet.
  • Tap the menu button in the upper-left corner, then tap Settings.
  • Next select Music & Podcasts.
  • Tap Default services and select Pandora.
  • Under Music library  and Stations service choose Pandora.
  • Under Podcasts choose Pandora. 

Next, try again and see if Pandora will only play on your living room echo speaker.

+++

If you're still having trouble, can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing when selecting a speaker device?

Hope this helps!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos