cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: HomePod Stops Playing Music After Ads

Srensmon
Local Performer

Hello all - is anyone have an issue with their HomePod mini not continuing to play music after an ad?  The Pandora app continues to play music but no sound comes out for a song or two. I have tried to switch to my phone from the mini but no sound here. 

I tried the suggested resets by unplugging and resetting the mini as well as deleting and reinstalling the pandora app but no luck. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 5/24/23

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experience with playback stopping after an advertisement when using HomePod.

The Community team has received an update that this should now be resolved. Be sure that the Pandora app is on the latest version and please try again.

If you're still having trouble, let us know.

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

58 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Srensmon. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. We can start off with the basic troubleshooting to see if this helps resolve the issue you're experiencing after hearing an ad.

First let's make sure your software meets the minimum requirements:

• Pandora iOS version 2010.1
  • iOS or iPadOS 14.0
  • HomePod Software Version 14.1

This issue can be specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, so let's start by rebooting your modem and router.

++

If you're still having the same problem, then please try the following steps:

• Check to see if there are any updates available for your HomePod and Pandora apps. Update both as necessary.
  • Restart your HomePod device.
  • Try unlinking and relinking your Pandora account.
    1. To unlink, open the Home app on your iOS device:
      • Tap the home icon at the top left of the screen
      • Tap Home Settings
      • Tap your iCloud avatar to view personal settings
      • Select Pandora and then Remove Pandora from Home
    2. To re-link, open the Pandora app on your iOS device:
      • Open the Pandora app on your iOS device.
      • Go to Profile and tap Settings.
      • Next select Connect with HomePod
      • Then tap Use in Home.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Mattocaster
Underground

I have the same issue. Did any of these steps resolve the issue? I was on Apple support for about an hour and got nowhere...

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mattocaster. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps to see if it helps.

I did notice that you've initiated complimentary Premium Access in order to listen to content on-demand around the same time you posted today. Were you in a Premium Access session when the music stopped? 

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Mattocaster
Underground

Good morning,

I did not initiate the complementary Premium Access, tho I was asked to.

I went thru all the steps outlined above and below and reinstalled Pandora and no resolution. All last week it was the original issue of when the ads completed, the home pod paused and after approximately two songs it restarted.

However, starting yesterday, after the ads nothing restarted. The home pod remained paused and never restarted and Pandora never started again.

I'll test Pandora in my car and truck today.

Thanks...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @Mattocaster

I will share this with our engineering team for you. 🎧

dcash33
Underground

Recently, guessing over the last month, when I'm playing Pandora via AirPlay (HomePod or Apple TV or Receiver) from iPhone Pandora app, as soon as an ad finishes, Pandora stops playing. When I look at my phone/Pandora app, it shows that the song is playing, yet I don't hear anything. When I switch the audio output back to my phone I hear that song playing. So it is not that the music stops, it's that the AirPlay listening is quiet. In other words, the ad interrupts the AirPlay from working properly. I have to quit the Pandora app and start the music and AirPlay audio selection again. I can't simply go toggle back to AirPlay as audio output to fix this. Since Pandora can't play beyond the commercial break, I switch music sources. This has to be a major issue with many, yet I can't find a solution online so I'll add to this thread in hopes that something can be fixed. BTW, Apple Music via AirPlay from the same iPhone plays without incident.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @dcash33. 👋

Thank you for sharing a detailed experience about what is happening. I've included your feedback on an internal ticket we have open in order to investigate this issue. 

We appreciate your patience while our engineering team looks into this. 🎧

SkippyFlipper
Underground

I agree, it DOES stop after a commercial when you send from your device TO the pod mini. HOWEVER . . if you say siri, play pandora, when it initiates it, it does NOT stop playing after commercials....weird...very weird.  So again, if I transfer from phone (choose pod speaker) it will quit after a commercial, but if I initiate FROM the mini, it works ongoing.  Definitely a glitch.

Flick from top right of your screen down, and should see what is playing. There is the circle with the up arrow, tap it, unselect and reselect the name of your pod mini...will save having to reboot pandora, but this is NOT a long term fix, they definitely have an issue with how it works after commercial, just as you have stated.

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @SkippyFlipper. 👋

Thanks so much for this helpful info. I've included your experience and feedback with our engineering team. 🎧

Bertleman
Underground

I have this same issue and I have done all the troubleshooting suggested in the thread.  Also if I ask Siri to play pandora, she says she can't do it and try later

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bertleman I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Does this occur after a specific ad or does this happen after all ads?

Thanks for your help with this.

Bertleman
Underground

iPhone SE...current (about 2 months old)

Verizon

iOS version: 15.3.1(19D52)

Pandora Version 2202.1

WiFi

It just started happening about a week ago.  it seems to play one song, then the next will have no sound for like half the son and then will suddenly come on.  I can see it playing on the app but nothing is coming from the home Pod.  This started after the home pod would not connect to Pandora...she just says try again later

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bertleman I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Bertleman
Underground

Hey Adam....any updates?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bertleman Unfortunately, our engineers are still looking into this issue.

Thanks again for all your patience as they work to find a fix. 

Mattocaster
Underground

I don't know if this is related to this issue or not...

If I say 'Hey, Siri play Pandora stations' it works for two or so hours and then shuts off... and then if I try to have Siri start again, I'm prompted to go to Pandora and restart it. Then I'm stuck with the original problem of Pandora stopping after ads.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mattocaster Thank you for the additional information - I have passed your report along to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

We appreciate your patience with this in the meantime!

0 Kudos

cspeziale
Local Performer

This issue has also been happening where I connect my iPhone to my HomePod mini and after an ad plays, the sound goes away but still indicates something is playing on the Pandora app. Only way to fix it is to close out of the Pandora app and then relaunch it. Been happening for several months now. So annoying

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @cspeziale. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. I understand how frustrating this can be. 

I've shared your feedback with our engineering team on an internal ticket we have open. We appreciate your patience while they is being addressed. 🎧

0 Kudos