cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: HomePod Stops Playing Music After Ads

Srensmon
Local Performer

Hello all - is anyone have an issue with their HomePod mini not continuing to play music after an ad?  The Pandora app continues to play music but no sound comes out for a song or two. I have tried to switch to my phone from the mini but no sound here. 

I tried the suggested resets by unplugging and resetting the mini as well as deleting and reinstalling the pandora app but no luck. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
58 Replies

Bertleman
Underground

Hey Adam-

I got a new iPhone and the issue has been resolved.  Although my SE was brand new, moving to a 13 pro has resolved the issue

Kgood
Underground
I have an iPhone 13 pro that is up to date on all software and the issue is still happening.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the update, @Bertleman. 👍

++

@Kgood We still have the internal ticket open with our engineering team. I'm sorry for the continued trouble with this. In the meantime, I can confirm that your details were reported in March 2022. 

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Bertleman
Underground

I spoke too soon....it worked for about 5 hours then same problem

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries, @Bertleman. We still have this ticket open as the issue is impacting both HomePod and regular iOS users (meaning those who are not connected to a Bluetooth device or speaker).

Thanks again for your patience while this is being worked on. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Wgsampson
Local Performer

Having same issues, pandora airplay volume stops after one song then ad.  Adding info so I can track triage and any solutions.

0 Kudos

Mattocaster
Underground

BTW, I worked 30+ years in information technology and if it took me two months to debug a problem like this, I would have been fired...

0 Kudos

SkippyFlipper
Underground
They are not trying…I would guess if you get a “subscription” and go commercial free.. problem solved… I just solved by using xm radio, Apple Music, Amazon music or ANY other…
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/12/22): Thank you for reporting your experiences and for providing your device details. Our engineering team is currently aware of this issue. All reports posted on this thread are shared an on internal ticket with our engineering team so that they may investigate. While I understand how frustrating this can be, your patience is much appreciated during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

JessieHoch
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue- been there for a few months. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no fix. I have the iPhone SE and am using the symphonik speaker from IKEA. I also have the HomePod and HomePod mini- same issue. It’s after each ad is when the audio cuts out- only way to get it back is to unpair from the speaker, play music, and then repair to the speaker. It’s super annoying. Haven’t been using pandora because of this.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JessieHoch I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once moreTroubleshooting for iOS Devices

If that does not resolve the issue, I can report your feedback to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Does this occur after a specific ad or does this happen after all ads?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

dcash33
Underground

Nearly two months since I reported the issue. I reported it within this thread titled "iOS: HomePod Stops Playing Music After Ads." I just learned of the same problems reported within the thread titled "iOS: Music Stops After Ad Plays using AirPlay" which is really a better title for my AIRPLAY problem.  I just happen to airplay to AppleTV or Receiver or HomePod...in ALL cases the problem persists. I'm amazed that the issue has taken so long and hasn't been resolved. 

0 Kudos

Wgsampson
Local Performer
Yeah this is crazy. Get your act together Pandora. Are folks with upgraded accounts having any airplay issues?

Sent from my iPhone
Bill Sampson
0 Kudos

Tho04
Underground

I am having the same issue here too. iPhone 13 on iOS 15.5. HomePod is on 15.5.1

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tho04 I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Tho04
Underground

Issue is still happening. Music stops playing after an ad.

iPhone is on 15.6 now. Air playing to HomePod on 15.6.

Pandora app version 2207.2

0 Kudos

ekalp
Local Performer

Is this actively being worked on? Just picked up my first HomePod today for my little girl and the music keeps dropping after each ad. 😕 Very disappointing  

Pandora iOS app: 2208.2

HomePod: 15.6

0 Kudos

SkippyFlipper
Underground

Nope.. they could care less… basically forcing you to buy ad free if want it to stop.. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ekalp I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Karatechop79
Local Performer

This issue still hasn’t been fixed years later. My mini HomePod stops playing after a commercial.

0 Kudos