cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Songs skip through rapidly

KaraLynn
Underground

Any time I try and play music from one of my play list on shuffle, Pandora will just skip through a bunch of song and then play. Also if I go into my play list and try to play one of the songs it skipped it will still skip it. Another thing my Pandora has been crashing a lot and I don't know why. Any one no how to fix this.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Amingus0507. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread as it looks like you're using an iPhone device: Skipping through songs without playing them

I would recommend trying out @MOHLovesAlaska's suggestion, especially if this issue is happening in your home or somewhere where you're normally listening using WiFi.

In the meantime, I'd like to share this with our engineering team as it sounds like you've gone through the troubleshooting steps.

Please provide the following details:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know so that I can go ahead and report this issue on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

18 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @KaraLynn. 👋

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Feel free to keep me updated on whether this helps!

KaraLynn
Underground

Hi, yes that fixed my original problem. thanks

But now i have a new problem my auto play is not working.

explanation: I choose a song to listen to from the search then when it over my Pandora will not play similar songs it just stops working.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@KaraLynn Thanks for letting me know.

Let's check to ensure that your AutoPlay feature is toggled on.

To view your AutoPlay setting from a mobile device:

1. Tap Profile and select the Settings gear in the top right corner. 
  2. Select Advanced.
  3. Toggle AutoPlay to your preference.

Let me know how it goes. 📲

KaraLynn
Underground

Yes my autoplay is on and it was on before, so it is still not working

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@KaraLynn Thanks for the follow up. Could you share the following details about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know, and I can share this info with our device team for further review.

KaraLynn
Underground

Device: Iphone 7

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

IOS version: 13.6.1

Pandora version: 2008.1

I have tried it on both Wi-Fi and cellular data and it doesn't work on either.

AlyssaPandora

@KaraLynn I've shared this with our engineering team on your behalf.

Appreciate your patience while they investigate. 

Amingus0507
Local Performer

Hello! I’m super frustrated because my Pandora app is constantly cycling through songs and won’t play anything. It just keeps skipping. I’ve restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared data, my wifi is connected. I’m so frustrated. Any ideas on how to fix this?

MOHLovesAlaska
Gold Certified

@Amingus0507 try rebooting your Wi-Fi. Close un-needed back-ground apps as well. You should have better luck. Take care and stay safe.   

mohempstead
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Amingus0507. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread as it looks like you're using an iPhone device: Skipping through songs without playing them

I would recommend trying out @MOHLovesAlaska's suggestion, especially if this issue is happening in your home or somewhere where you're normally listening using WiFi.

In the meantime, I'd like to share this with our engineering team as it sounds like you've gone through the troubleshooting steps.

Please provide the following details:

• Carrier:
  • Any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know so that I can go ahead and report this issue on your behalf. 🎧

View solution in original post

rickd1234
Local Performer

Hi, this has started to happen to me. It happens to every device in my home. It not only happens on my Iphone 8 and multiple IPads while trying to use the Pandora app, it also happens when I try to use Pandora within the Musiccast app (a Yamaha app for networked stereo components).

I have determined that it appears to be WiFi related, If I disable wifi , the Pandora app will stream normally using data, if I turn wifi on while streaming using data, the songs start skipping again.

I have reset my wifi but that did not help

Suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

Rick

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @rickd1234. 👋

Thanks so much for posting your experience on the Pandora Community.

It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

I would try rebooting your connection again: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

++

If the issue persists, could you tell me which cable / internet service provider you use?

Also, have any error messages popped up?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

rickd1234
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa,

I have been able to determine that this is related to a home wifi network. If I switch networks the problem disappears. I am going to troubleshoot the network device, this does not seem related to the Pandora app.

Thank you!

Rick

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@rickd1234 Thanks for letting me know.

Feel free to keep us updated on what happens. 👍

0 Kudos

Amac2020
Local Performer

Songs just going crazy constantly skipping to the next without playing anything and will not stop no matter what I do. NEED HELP! 

0 Kudos

MrsEppy
Local Performer

My Pandora App was flickering tonight…What the heck is going on?

0 Kudos

Marcella16
Local Performer

Thanks for this, but I have all of a sudden had the same problem - crazy annoying - and I do not have an android device.  iPhone a MacBook Pro. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Marcella16. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

Could you confirm whether this happening on both your iPhone device and your MacBook Pro?

If this is only happening on your iPhone device, I would recommend running through these troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos