cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Stops When Screen Locked / App Backgrounded

Mosamom
Local Performer

I have an iPhone and am having this issue. I never had a problem before and had stopped using the pandora app on my phone until after the 15 update. Since then whenever the phone is locked or in my pocket it stops playing on my headphones 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mosamom. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to the iOS section. In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening, and in case we need to share this with our engineers.

While the trace is enabled, could you please try out the following steps?

You can find them here: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue persists after running through those steps, could you share more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Mosamom
Local Performer
Hi, thank you for the guide. I did uninstall and reinstall the app as well as power cycle the phone before and after. I’m finding that when I pause the music from the Lock Screen and then press play to resume, the music count continues but no sound is heard. I have to stop/pause and play again for the music to be heard. This is happening with and without headphones.
It does appear that, for now, then music no longer stops when locking the screen and putting it in my purse/pocket, but I will continue to test it since I just did the troubleshooting steps.

Thank you

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @Mosamom

If the issue continues, please send over the requested device info from my post here.

I can report it to our engineering team on your behalf. Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

tasMonique
Local Performer

I’m having this issue too but I have an IPhone 11.

It also keeps skipping songs or deleting stations without me doing anything or touching my phone (on my own data or wifi).

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @tasMonique. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Stops When Screen Locked / App Backgrounded

I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account in case we need share this with our engineering team. Could you please try out the standard troubleshooting?

You can find those steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue persists after running through those steps, could you share more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

tasMonique
Local Performer

iPhone 11 

tmobile

version 2209.2.1-3-3£851e40

both

if I download a station or song on either, it’ll disappear when I want to play it offline. If I put app in background or my phone dims, the station will stop playing, skip song or remove the station. This has never happened before.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing those details, @tasMonique

Could you try updating to the newest app version 2210.1? This was released a few days ago on 10/17/2022.

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device.

Let me know if the issue persists after the update. 🎧

0 Kudos

tasMonique
Local Performer

I’ve updated app and it still is doing this. I’m have to constantly redownload stations/playlists. Like now I’m trying to us it while online and it just stops.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming those additional details, @tasMonique. I've gone ahead and reported this over to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧