cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to Cast to Echo Dot

rarcher
Local Performer

When I try to cast Pandora music from an iPhone to my Echo Dot, the only option is Chromecast.  I am able to play Pandora music to the dot via voice command.  The Pandora app on my iPhone shows "Linked with Alexa".  All devices are on the same wifi network. I am using ios 14.4.2.   The dot is 2nd generation.  This feature used to work in the recent past and I fear that I may have mistakenly changed a setting, but can't find what or where to change it. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @HP23. 👋

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you.

I had to check in with our device team regarding your casting question. I have confirmed that casting to Alexa while using Pandora isn't a supported feature. When using the Alexa app, it'll only show you what you've listened to recently rather than actually being able to cast. 

In the meantime, feel free to upvote this existing suggestion: Manage Alexa Devices from Mobile Pandora App 

To upvote a feature request, click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the suggestion.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rarcher. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this. Please try the following steps:

• Check to see if there are any updates available for your Alexa and Pandora apps. Update both as necessary.
  • Restart your Alexa device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.

++

Let's also try relinking Pandora on Amazon Alexa from your iPhone device:

1. Tap Profile > Settings (the gear icon in the top right) > Link with Alexa.
  2. When prompted to listen with Alexa, select Connect Now.
  3. You'll be taken to the Alexa app to select Link and to enable the Pandora skill. (If you do not have the Alexa app installed you will need to enter your Amazon account login and password first).
  4. Finish by selecting Got it!
  5. Return to the Music settings to set Pandora as your Default Music Library and Default Station.

To group a set of Alexa-enabled devices together, follow these instructions on Amazon's help site.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

rarcher
Local Performer

When I try to complete step 1, screen says "Linked with Alexa", but am unable to cast to echo dot.  The dot will play music from Pandora when I use a voice command.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rarcher!

Just to clarify your post, the Chromcast option on your iPhone is no longer casting to your Echo Dot? Or does it connect, but no music plays? Do you receive any type of error message? If so, what does it say?

Can you do me a favor and share a screenshot(s) of what you see when you try and cast?

In the meantime, can you confirm if have Local Network is enabled in your Phone settings. You can do this by tapping Settings for your iPhone > Scroll down until you see the Pandora app > Confirm Local Network is enabled.

Local Network.png

(The image above shows Local Network disabled)

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

HP23
Local Performer

I am currently on iOS 15.5 and all devices are on same network and app has local network access permission. I’ve unlinked and re-linked Pandora account from Alexa app, unplugged/replugged echo power source. So far I am still unable to play Pandora song from my iPhone to the echo dot. When I go into “cast” it keeps saying “no available device”. When I go in from Pandora app setting, it just asks if I want to change echo’s default source to Pandora but nothing else that seems significant to why it won’t connect/cast. Thank you. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @HP23. 👋

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you.

I had to check in with our device team regarding your casting question. I have confirmed that casting to Alexa while using Pandora isn't a supported feature. When using the Alexa app, it'll only show you what you've listened to recently rather than actually being able to cast. 

In the meantime, feel free to upvote this existing suggestion: Manage Alexa Devices from Mobile Pandora App 

To upvote a feature request, click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the suggestion.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos