cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: "There Was an Error Saving the Playlist" on 2107.1

Jbomback9
Local Performer

Hi. My thumbs up playlist is saying there is an error saving. Anyone else having this problem? It also put old songs back on the playlist that I have deleted a while back. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for your patience during this process. We believe this issue has now been resolved. Please try updating to Pandora App Version 2108.1

You can find out more about the newest Pandora app version here: iOS Release Notes

++

Updating the Pandora App:

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

++

If you're still experiencing this after updating to 2108.1, please comment on this thread to let us know: iOS: Error Saving Playlist on 2108.1 

You can also try the standard troubleshooting steps to see if the issue persists: iOS Troubleshooting

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies

AdamPandora

@Jbomback9 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

irritableowl
Underground

I’ve updated and everything and it still doesn’t work

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @irritableowl. 👋

I moved your post over to the iOS section as it looks like you may be using an iOS device. If you're using a different device (other than iPhone/iPad/iPhone Touch when this happens), please let me know. 

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you able to add songs to your playlist?
  • Are you having trouble removing songs from your playlist?
  • Do you receive any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Have you tried running through the standard troubleshooting steps? If not, I would recommend running through those while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

irritableowl
Underground

So I’ve done all the troubleshooting and my playlist still will not edit. I cannot add and I cannot delete. Also, somehow in the past week my playlist has gotten 30 songs added to it that I didn’t put there. I’m paying for premium but I might just have to stop doing that.

AlyssaPandora

@irritableowl I appreciate you taking the time to run through those steps while I had a trace enabled I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device and the playlist(s)?

• What is the name of the playlist you're having trouble with editing? 
  • Is it all playlists? Or, a specific one?
  • Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks so much for your help and for reporting this. 🎧

0 Kudos

irritableowl
Underground

Certainly. The name of the playlist is the workout playlist, I am using an iPhone 11, the issue happens both on cellular and Wi-Fi, and it’s got a habit of stopping in the middle of a song and starting the playlist all over again for some reason.

Pandora version 2106.1, iOS version 14.7.1

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@irritableowl Thanks for providing those details.

The newest app version 2107.1 is now available for iOS. Could you also try updating to this version and let me know if you still have that issue?

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

Thanks again for sticking with me on this! 🎧

0 Kudos

irritableowl
Underground

OK, I updated the app and I’m still unable to edit playlists.  I keep getting an error message saying that there was a problem editing playlist

AlyssaPandora

@irritableowl Thanks for the update. I've passed this along to our engineering team on your behalf. 

We appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🎧

0 Kudos

fls88502128
Underground

Anytime I try deleting a song from the playlist I created “There was an error saving the playlist.” pops up at the top of the screen. I have a Pandora Premium account and only listen on my iPhone XR, and through Bluetooth/apple CarPlay when I’m driving. I have tried exiting and re-opening the app, un-downloading the entire playlist, restarting my phone, and still every time I try to edit/delete a song from my playlist it will not remove. I really hope I can find a solution to this issue😊

*the name of my playlist is “Sloan:)”

thank you!

(here is a screenshot of what happens when I try to delete any song from the playlist)fls88502128_0-1628737680344.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@fls88502128 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error message: "There was an error saving the playlist."

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) 

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

fls88502128
Underground

-iPhone XR

-iOS version 14.7.1

-Pandora version 2107.1

AlyssaPandora

@fls88502128 Thanks so much for getting back to us with that information. We have an internal ticket open with our engineering team regarding this issue.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Dinobelly
Underground

I have had this playlist for a while and I’ve a bunch of songs in it. So the problem I believe is I have a song that used to be normal to play but then turned radio only. And I can not delete any songs, when I try it, it says “error saving playlist”. I also cannot download the playlist. Please help I don’t want to delete the whole playlist and add the songs one by one to a new playlist.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Dinobelly I'm happy to look into this.

What is the name of the playlist you are having trouble editing?

Also, can you please send. me a screenshot of the error message you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Dinobelly
Underground

The name of the playlist is GaminG and here is the SS

Dinobelly_0-1629838847218.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Dinobelly I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error message: "There was an error saving the playlist."

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

Dinobelly
Underground

My carrier is H20 , I believe they use AT&AT lines

My version is 14.7.1 and pandora is version 2107.1 

And idk maybe, I am able to add songs but I can’t delete them. I can also download songs regularly but not the GaminG playlist. I also can download other playlist.

AlyssaPandora

@Dinobelly Thanks so much for providing those details about your experience, and device.

We've shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos