cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Shuts Down on 2108.1

accuratedude
Underground

On Sept14, 2021 Android pushed an update on my phone and now the radio application (and all others) is effectively disabled. Instead of playing music after the screen turns dark, it shuts the application off. This is not supposed to happen and started right after the hour-long update finished. I've got a premium subscription but will have to cancel if the application software is not fixed. Why do they need to update and destroy the most used app on the phone?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Chrisbachman. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this.

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

++

If adjusting your battery / sleeping app settings doesn't help, let's try running through these steps: Android Troubleshooting

Feel free to let me know how it goes, and whether this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @accuratedude. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

Let me know if those steps help with the app shutting off. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Chrisbachman
Local Performer

I'm trying to lock my screen and listen to my music and it keeps turning my music off is that the new update it don't do that anymore 

0 Kudos

accuratedude
Underground
Thank you! Everything is fine now.

Get Outlook for Android

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Chrisbachman. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this.

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

++

If adjusting your battery / sleeping app settings doesn't help, let's try running through these steps: Android Troubleshooting

Feel free to let me know how it goes, and whether this helps. 🎧

VegasVirgo
Local Performer

Mine was doing the same thing. Found it under sleeping apps and removed it. That worked. 

accuratedude
Underground
Thanks. It fixed itself, I just panicked.

Get Outlook for Android

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

So glad to hear that you were able to get back up and running, @VegasVirgo @accuratedude.

Feel free to let me know if anything else pops up. Have a great weekend! 🎧

0 Kudos