cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App keeps randomly turning itself to Shuffle

LanceJ74
Local Performer

Why does shuffle keep turning itself on (I keep turning it off again)? It keeps doing that, and whenever it does, I can no longer skip songs, pause the one that is playing and have to close the app. When this happens, it also automatically starts the playlist over, and within 2 songs, it is back to shuffle and the whole cycle starts over again. This is really annoying, and only started after a Pandora update. It is so bad, I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription and finding another streaming music service. 

I have un-installed the app completely, and re-installed from the play store. I have also cleared the memory and cache several times (I know all this because I work for one of the biggest telecomm/cell phone providers in the world). This is across devices; I got a new phone and the issue persists. It doesn't matter if I'm connected to my Jeep, ear buds, my Bluetooth speakers, or playing straight from my phone.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @LanceJ74. 👋

Sorry to hear about your experience with the app. I'd like to collect your device information to pass along your device details and feedback. 

It's helpful to know the following:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Thanks for your help with this information. 📲

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos