cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Dark Mode

Ravercat
Underground

Woke up this morning, rebooted the phone and was delighted to find my Google dark theme has followed over to Pandora. Thank you so much!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome!  Glad to hear you're enjoying the dark mode theme on your Pandora app too, @Ravercat.

Happy to announce that Dark Mode is now available for Android listeners if dark mode is activated on your device.

To manage your Dark Mode settings:

• Go to your Android Settings.
  • Next tap Display.
  • Toggle Dark Theme to turn Dark Mode on and off. 

Your selection will be reflected in the Pandora app.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

36 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome!  Glad to hear you're enjoying the dark mode theme on your Pandora app too, @Ravercat.

Happy to announce that Dark Mode is now available for Android listeners if dark mode is activated on your device.

• Next tap Display.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Rosé
Local Performer

Can you please add a darkmode feature 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Rosé. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized.

I checked in with our User Support team, and it looks like you may be using an Android device to stream Pandora. 

Feel free to check out my post about how to switch over to dark mode here.

If you're looking to use dark mode on computers, please upvote this idea in the Feature Request section of the community: Dark Mode on Desktop 

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

jgimondo
Local Performer

I've had dark mode enabled on my Android phone for awhile. The last 2 Pandora updates mention dark mode, but it still is bright blue. Is that expected or is there something else I should be seeing? Thanks  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jgimondo Can you confirm that you have followed these steps to enable Dark Mode?

• Next tap Display.

If so, can you please do me a favor and send over a screenshot of what you see when you launch the Pandora app?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Mtam
Underground

Yeah, I've tried to google as well and Pandora looks the same to me. Instagram and my other apps are in night mode but not Pandora.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mtam. 👋

Sounds like you're still having trouble accessing dark mode. You should be able to make this change by using the steps from my message here.

If you're still having trouble, could you share a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when you launch Pandora?

You can also try out the basic troubleshooting steps for your Android device to see if it helps. 

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Mtam
Underground

Tried the steps, all of other apps have carried over the dark theme but not Pandora 

Screenshot_20200928-213416_Pandora.jpg

Screenshot_20200928-213405_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mtam Thanks for letting me know.

Were you able to try out the steps from the link in my last message as well?

Could you share your device details?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Appreciate your help with this! 🎧

Mtam
Underground

I tried your steps and I was able to use dark mode facebook and instagram but not pandora.

• Model: Note 8
  • Carrier: Tmobile
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): version 9
  • Pandora version 2009.1
  • Sorry, wasn't able to do it

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mtam Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Pandora now supports Dark Mode on Android devices updated to Android 10 and running the latest version of Pandora.

Looks like you're still on Android Version 9. I would recommend updating to Android 10 to have the ability to use dark mode with Pandora.

For some Android devices, you can update by going to Settings > General > About device > Software updates > Check for update

Hope this helps! 🎧

AJM
Opening Act

sadly im in the same boat running andriod 9. oh well though

0 Kudos

Drowsy
Local Performer

Android 10 isn't available for my device. Do you have a workaround?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Drowsy. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Pandora supports Dark Mode on Android devices updated to Android 10 and running the latest version of Pandora. Unfortunately, there isn't a workaround for this for an older Android OS.

I would recommend upvoting this existing feature request as this option is specific to Pandora (rather than your OS): Specific App Setting for Dark Mode on Android 

To upvote an idea on the community, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks so much for posting! 🎧

xneverwasx
Local Performer

Hi there. Having the same issue--now playing screen is still bright blue with Dark Mode enabled. I have a Samsung S10 running Android 10 and Pandora ver. 2011.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @xneverwasx. 👋

Thanks for your post on this thread!

Could you send over a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing?

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Xx_adonis_xX
Local Performer

Dark mode is currently not operating on my phone. The new update for android said Android 10 OR SAMSUNGS SUPPORTING NIGHT MODE could use the ability. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ which supports night mode. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. Is there anyway to fix this issue other than reinstallation 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Xx_adonis_xX. 👋

To keep things tidy, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Dark Mode - Thank you! 

Pandora now supports Dark Mode on Android devices updated to Android 10 and running the latest version of Pandora.

• Next tap Display.

0 Kudos

ShadowedReplica
Local Performer

See this isn't quite fair because Android 10 is currently in beta. Not all phones will receive the update. I have a Motorola and the isn't a date set yet for when our phone make will get it.

0 Kudos